My Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bug Dr.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My Versys

Since I hadn't done a proper introduction of the bike I thought I'd show her off now that she has some added farkles.

I was busy yesterday afternoon doing the first oil change (very little metal in the bottom of the pan), adding a center stand, side stand foot, highway pegs, light brackets and bar risers.

Next on the list will be a new horn with relocation, fuse block, power outlet and hooking up my PIAA lights that came off of the Tenere.

I've ordered a Sargent seat that should round out this bike quite well.

I've put 810 miles on this bike riding nothing but twisty roads and so far I'm loving it very much.

Mike
Cojacket and dambiker like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 05:43 AM

Garage
Twisty roads are the Versys playground.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 08:23 AM

Garage
Nice Mike,

My V just rolled over 1K miles now.

I have the highway pegs ordered and on the way. I also installed the peg lowering kit on my V. So far, (knock wood) I have been satisfied with the V's OEM seat but may have a local upholsterer move the hump back a bit.

When I did the first oil change I strained it through a coffee filter. To my surprise, no metal filings what so ever which pleased me a lot. I just keep being impressed with this bike. I am really happy that I bought it.

Cheers,

Charlie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ Charlie View Post
Nice Mike,

I have the highway pegs ordered and on the way.
The highway pegs make the seat more comfortable and my knees much happier. Even with an Alaskan Sheepskin I was still hurting after four hours. I'm supposed to go to Colorado next month and will need more comfort for longer rides.

I rode Hwy 123 from Lamar to Mt. Judea yesterday morning and only passed one truck and only met two cars the entire way. Folks started waking up and heading to the river when I got to Jasper. Went up 7 to 206 through Gaither and took 43 and 21 home. Got back home at 1100. Had to pass several on 21 but luckily all of the Harleys I saw were parked.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode