Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Carrying extra gas on the Versys

HI

I have two of these canisters but don't know where to mount them as I have the Givi side cases and top case.

They will each hold a 33 oz / 975 ml MSR fuel bottle.

Any ideas as where to mount them?

Alternatively does anyone have a better solution to carry some extra gas?

I can't see how to mount a RotopaX Gasoline Pack

Thanks in advance.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I had mine mounted under the side case frames. Looked like exhaust to the laymen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	90378  
Lours_Polaire and danibalagan like this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
if you only ride solo the passenger peg mounts (sub frame) is a good place

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi twowheeladdict

I looked to do that but I must have a different case frame on the 2007 as I don't have room / the ability to take the top off.

I will have another look tomorrow.

Hi silviefox

How did you mount them? Do you have photos? I will be solo.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I had mine mounted under the side case frames. Looked like exhaust to the laymen.
I did this same thing, but I have the smaller Givi side bags. I zip tied the canisters to the side bag frames. The zip ties went through the holes in the canisters molded in brackets. Yes, it was a little tricky to spin the tops off the canisters when mounted in this spot. But the zip ties have a little "give" to them, so you can "shift" the canister a bit while turning the lid on or off. When mounting this way, it makes good use of what is otherwise wasted space.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Hi twowheeladdict

I looked to do that but I must have a different case frame on the 2007 as I don't have room / the ability to take the top off.

I will have another look tomorrow.

Hi silviefox

How did you mount them? Do you have photos? I will be solo.
id use hose clamps to mount them personally. and i dont have mine mounted due to not riding solo all the time

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi twowheeladdict

I think I have the space, but not the access because the turn indicators were relocated to that space when the bags were mounted.

I will see if I can move them again.

Could you please post a larger / clearer picture of your rear-end, esp. the turn indicators?

Hi silviefox

My friendly mechanic advised against the rear footpeg location as they could bite my leg in case of a spill.

Thanks

Alan

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I am now designing some brackets to bolt onto the topcase rack.

They will have to be custom fabricated.

I have mocked them up soft metal (old angle bracket and aluminium bar) but they will need to be 3/4" or 1" mild steel and painted or powder-coated black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	91074  

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Hi twowheeladdict

I think I have the space, but not the access because the turn indicators were relocated to that space when the bags were mounted.

I will see if I can move them again.

Could you please post a larger / clearer picture of your rear-end, esp. the turn indicators?

Thanks

Alan
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The photo I posted was the best I could find when I looked. Bike is gone so can't take new ones.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The photo I posted was the best I could find when I looked. Bike is gone so can't take new ones.
No worries.

I have since worked out that even with the indicators removed I don't have the space, but with the help of a friend have designed two brackets to attach them to the top box rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode