Targa Fender Eliminator Kit - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Targa Fender Eliminator Kit

Three days ago i ordered the fender eliminator kit and received it from ups yesterday. My first impressions were not great the seal was already open and packing peanuts were throughout the kit (that could just been from careless ups). I decided to mount the kit in the front closest to the battery which is not where it is meant to be mounted so it would need a little adjustment to the kit but i thought would get the best result (which it did look much better). The kits instruction were pretty much worthless in my mind, not very good. So after i got the license plate and blinkers on the bracket and re angled the bracket piece i mounted it. Then noticing that not matter where you hang it there are 2 ugly square brackets that were used for the stock fender and there were no finishing pieces in the kit. So instead of cutting those off and taking away from the strength of the rear light i would take the stock fender and cut the bottom off of it to round it out. So after about an our of cutting the stock fender and filing it was finished. The kit looks very good now imo. My overall impressions of the kit is dont buy it unless you want to be a little innovative with it to cover the imperfections the kit does not.

Here are pictures of it finished:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1122.jpg (776.0 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1117.jpg (811.9 KB, 193 views)

Don't say that, Never say that, Goonies Never say Die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
https://mail.google.com/mail/?accoun....1&disp=inline

I looked up undertail kits as well and found that for 20 bucks and using all my stock components I could achieve the same result. I reused the signals and metal mount off the original fender. I also used the stock fender holes and bolts to mount the new targa aluminum bracket. Roughly 30 minutes of work and it was done. I did not reuse the lisence plate light, placing the lisence plate under the LED break light provides plenty of illumination for me. If you wanted a lisence plate light they make lisence bolts with LED's built in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode