• 1 Post By cuckoo
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Tank Pad

Finally got around to installing the new tank pad that shipped in from the UK. Had purchased a generic pad a couple months ago and was just about to stick it on and couldn't. Had seen this one online and being the cheap one I am didn't order it... Bit the bullet knowing she wouldn't be happy without her own pad so here it is... Turned out nice me thinks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20160423_153650.jpg (65.9 KB, 199 views)
Cojacket likes this.

In a galaxy far far away! He's still riding!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
1 can of clear pastidip and you can shape your own much more protecting scuff protection.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I really need to do something like this - have 2 gouges from my jacket when I got on at some point... didn't even notice, and none of my zippers are exposed, so yeah... awesome. Might have to do some paint repair before I do better scuff protection.

Something goes here...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
I just bought a small roll (8"...?) of that 3M paint protection film, then cut pieces and stuck them on the tank, etc.

Protects w/out detracting from the paint color....
MrSchaeferPants likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Might have to look into that. Thanks Eddie

Something goes here...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Have this one on my 2015
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1465416763490.jpg (41.3 KB, 55 views)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr
cuckoo likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Weljo2001 - Love the tank protector, but more importantly - What seat is that????
Thanks, cjc

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Weljo2001 - Love the tank protector, but more importantly - What seat is that????
Thanks, cjc
Its a Terry Adcock Flat Seat. I'll link his eBay ad. If you scroll to the bottom of the eBay link you can call Terry directly. Back when i got mine when he first started making them he would drop off 25 bucks if you called him direct.....Kawasaki 650 Versys Custom Flat Seat | eBay

IMG_1490 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1491 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1492 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1493 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks Weljo. I went in to ebay and put that seat on my watch list so I would not lose track of it. Today I added a pad to the center of my seat to see if that levels things out a little . I get sleepy butt after about an hour some times. I also might try the front of seat raise that Fast Eddie has done. I have plenty of leg reach to the ground. I appreciate the help, CJC

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Weljo. I went in to ebay and put that seat on my watch list so I would not lose track of it. Today I added a pad to the center of my seat to see if that levels things out a little . I get sleepy butt after about an hour some times. I also might try the front of seat raise that Fast Eddie has done. I have plenty of leg reach to the ground. I appreciate the help, CJC

Anytime.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Terry is a custom seat maker. He built the first flat seat to my specifications and then started selling it on ebay. He can adjust it to fit your specific needs. He is about an hour from me and I have had him build several seats for different bikes. Quality work.

He is out touring the western states for the month of June if you are trying to get in touch with him.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode