Givi 2010 tall windshield. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi 2010 tall windshield.

Just got the tall windshield from Givi. Could not be more satisfied on all counts.

The look is awesome: It sort of make the bike look much more like a do-it-all light sport touring then a sport bike.

Took it for a test-ride. Since it is my 1st bike and after reading the zillions of post regarding the windshield efficiency, I did not expect all that much difference, especially at 6'2". But I was wrong. I used to get the wind hitting my neck and bottom visor, and I was effraid to turn my head at high speed.

Now, with the tall Givi windshield, the wind hits the top of my helmet and eliminates completely the "bubble head" syndrome. And to my surprise, I can turn my head left and right without any problem. Riding at 80 mph is very comfortable now and I would never do long ride without it. Besides, it looks so great on the bike that I am not planning to switch windshield back and forth with the old one.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01769.jpg (293.7 KB, 629 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01768.jpg (487.8 KB, 593 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
At that height, are you looking THROUGH the windshield? I am seriously considering this one...

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 02:26 PM

Would it fit the earlier Versys?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffamazon View Post
At that height, are you looking THROUGH the windshield? I am seriously considering this one...
Not at all. You don't need to anyway: All windshield will deflect wind several inches above the top. But I guess that if I would be shorter and would set it at the max height position, it's possible that it can cover the rider's helmet completely.

But my guess is that the lowest setting will fit all. Also, there is a relatively large gap between the windshield bottom and the front fairing (much more so than the stock windshield), and for all I know about aerodynamics (), it may be a design strategy to push the flow up from behind the windshield and away from the rider. Or it's just the way they made it and I have no clue what I am talking about (both equally possible).

For what it's worth, I am a happy customer.

Cheers,
Mac
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffamazon View Post
Mounted at its low setting the top of the windshield is about 3 1/2 above the top of the mirrors. Im a little over 58 and when sitting upright the top or the shield is about 2 1/2 below my level line of sight.

Ive got a few more details & pics here... http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t=7521&p=99648

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Mounted at its low setting the top of the windshield is about 3 1/2 above the top of the mirrors. Im a little over 58 and when sitting upright the top or the shield is about 2 1/2 below my level line of sight.

Ive got a few more details & pics here... http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t=7521&p=99648

Don't know about you, but I placed my order through an online vendor (helmetheadcycle) long long time ago, and after I was told "in 2 weeks for sure" for about 2 months, I started to get real impatient. Givi makes good product, but looks like they are subject to the whim of their unionized euro-staff.... just like in the US now!!

That's sad that Kawasaki litterally dropped the ball on accessories, which in absolute profit margin, they could get as much as the bike itself. Thats what happen when US satellite companies are run by flamboyant MBa's who have no clue about the business they are running. I live this every single day at work. And it has absolutely nothing to do with china, whatever people say. Credentialism of the Ivy leaguers is what kills this country.

Cheers
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 AM

Hardware, thanks for the review and pics. Am looking out for a W/S as my wife who sits pillion is complaining of being blown off her seat from the amount of wind she being exposed to, and she has to hang on tight to me, which is tiring. (Yes, she's petite and light weight). She's struggling with the wind on her helmet. Hope this Givi is the cure.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post
Am looking out for a W/S as my wife who sits pillion is complaining of being blown off her seat ... She's struggling with the wind on her helmet. Hope this Givi is the cure.
For me (1 up) its great but Im not sure that the Givi will give your wife adequate coverage. Perhaps if she stays right in line with your helmet... but its a pretty narrow screen & doesnt create a very wide air pocket... Itd be nice if you could find a dealer thatd let you try one out (even without removing the protective packing film) before you buy it.

Good luck

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode