Vstrom Windshield - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, 3rd Rock
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Vstrom Windshield

Has anyone tried the new Madstad Adjustable Bracket with a Vstrom windshield on a 1st Generation (07-09) Versys?
Tex Vs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yes I am running one now. I tried the stock vstrom screen and it was loads better than the MRA touring or stock Versys screen, now I am running a Strom MRA Vario screen with the adjustable foil on the top and am really happy. No buffeting at all, but the screen is still narrow and a lot of wind comes around the sides, which causes noise.

I may try a V-Stream extra wide Strom screen next, I may need to move or remove the mirrors for that, but it is worth a shot to try and move the wind further outside of my shoulders.
marc11 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Member
 
Mile Hi Versys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
Yes I am running one now. I tried the stock vstrom screen and it was loads better than the MRA touring or stock Versys screen, now I am running a Strom MRA Vario screen with the adjustable foil on the top and am really happy. No buffeting at all, but the screen is still narrow and a lot of wind comes around the sides, which causes noise.

I may try a V-Stream extra wide Strom screen next, I may need to move or remove the mirrors for that, but it is worth a shot to try and move the wind further outside of my shoulders.
Keep us posted on this....
Mile Hi Versys is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
 
Bear on a bicycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Converse, Tx
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How about a pic or two? (or a link if you've posted them before)



Bear on a bicycle is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
do you know if the v strom screen fits onto the standard versys mounting holes?
guffter6969 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It does not.
marc11 is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
How about a pic or two? (or a link if you've posted them before)

Pic or two of what? The current Vario screen with the Madstat bracket?
marc11 is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, 3rd Rock
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The vstrom windshield mounts are farther apart, with the Madstad bracket you can set it up for either Versys shields or vstrom. It might work on oem mount if you drill new holes in the vstrom shield.
Tex Vs is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Member
 
dallasdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had the madstad on my Versys for a while with Mike's windshield. I could never tighten it enough to make it stay in position. The wind kept pushiing the shield back more toward horizontal the longer it was ridden.

I ended up selling the Madstad mount.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
dallasdon is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
I had the madstad on my Versys for a while with Mike's windshield. I could never tighten it enough to make it stay in position. The wind kept pushiing the shield back more toward horizontal the longer it was ridden.

I ended up selling the Madstad mount.
That is odd, I have never had that issue. In fact, when I loosen the knobs I have to really force the screen one way or the other to get it to break loose and move.
marc11 is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Member
 
dallasdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Really, it was a problem. The Mike's touring windshield was a large shield and caught way more air than any other so that could have been the problem.

You can see in these pictures or what I speak as to the size of the windshield.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 04-10-2012 at 06:15 PM.
dallasdon is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
 
Bear on a bicycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Converse, Tx
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
Pic or two of what? The current Vario screen with the Madstat bracket?

That would be good, but I was curious what the V-strom windscreen looked like on the Versys...





Bear on a bicycle is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Member
 
blipco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: boston, MA
Posts: 1,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
That would be good, but I was curious what the V-strom windscreen looked like on the Versys...

Me too.
blipco is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The Mike's touring windshield was a large shield
It reminds me of the shield around the death star. It IS kinda large.
jcstratt is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Member
 
dallasdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstratt View Post
It reminds me of the shield around the death star. It IS kinda large.
Yeah, but it works great.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
dallasdon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome