Which RAM mount for iPhone 6+ - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By E327

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Which RAM mount for iPhone 6+

I asked a version of this question a few months ago, but now I'm being more specific. I have my setup figured out, but I cannot figure out what holder to use for an iPhone 6+ in a case.

The universal finger grips all have people saying they're too small.

The x-grips have people saying that phones fall out and, by looking at them, I can't see how phones wouldn't fall out.

The iphone specific holders aren't for phones in cases.

HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Heavy Duty Velcro is your friend.......

Motowerks Garmin Zumo Mount bolted to a Ram Camera Mount heavy duty velcro used to hold remotes and IPod

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

They also have rectangular mounts too....

P1010243 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010244 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Oh...there's no way I'm putting velcro on the back of my phone, but that's a good idea.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 01:34 PM

Garage
I'd be slightly skeptical with the vibrations making the phone move or fall off, but when I used to work at Verizon I loved these things.

https://www.niteize.com/product/Stee...-Mount-Kit.asp

I have one in my car and it works perfectly for the 6+. Keeps the phone stationary and the weight of the phone doesn't cause it to tilt or face down while driving. Strong magnet mount and I super glued the magnet attachment to the case I slip on my phone while driving.

While not necessarily the cheapest route, but it can charge your phone if need be would be the Mophie power packs and possibly rig up the holster they sell for it to your bike.
http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-6-plus
Except a battery bank would hold more juice than the case would and keeps the 6+ from getting bulkier (my only complaint about having the Mophie Juice case on the phone).

This may be your best bet depending on what kind of case you have for the phone.
http://www.cyclegear.com/IOTTIE-Acti...gzahoCg9Xw_wcB

Or this if you're willing to support a product that advertises for Harleys...
http://ridersclaw.com/product/iphone...ts-most-cases/
http://ridersclaw.com/product/iphone...fits-otterbox/

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)

Last edited by 1stversys; 03-04-2016 at 01:47 PM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureSeeker View Post
I asked a version of this question a few months ago, but now I'm being more specific. I have my setup figured out, but I cannot figure out what holder to use for an iPhone 6+ in a case.

The universal finger grips all have people saying they're too small.

The x-grips have people saying that phones fall out and, by looking at them, I can't see how phones wouldn't fall out.

The iphone specific holders aren't for phones in cases.

HELP!

This is the best iPhone holder that I have found. It holds my phone which is encased in a tech 21 case, is adjustable, and holds it tightly in place. I have never had a problem using this holder.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1457152660.639565.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	81961

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 07:43 AM

I use a very small inexpensive magnetic tank bag that has a weather protected phone pouch. The bag gives me a secure phone mount plus a place to keep gloves, safety glasses, tire gauge and a few odds & ends.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:56 PM

Garage
I use the large version of the cross grip thingy for my iPhone 6+. It's not vibration free but it holds tight even with my otter box case.

Link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C7B...VVFAQPTRNME6FY
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post
This is the best iPhone holder that I have found. It holds my phone which is encased in a tech 21 case, is adjustable, and holds it tightly in place. I have never had a problem using this holder.
Attachment 81961

Do you know the RAM Part number?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X5G14JC?psc=1

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 10:57 PM

[QUOTE=AdamG;1088473]Do you know the RAM Part number?[/QUOTE
RAM-HOL-PD3U

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
Do you know the RAM Part number?

RAM-HOL-PD3U

AdamG likes this.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Love my ram x mount. There is only one x mount size for all phones. It fits my LG G3 which is same size as Apple 6

See RAM mount site. Other sizes are for tablets and computers
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Hey everyone, thanks again for commenting. I have a Rapid Recon 19 tank bag with a clear waterproof top area, HOWEVER my phone overheats in there in minutes in the summer time, so that's a fail.

I was all set to pull the trigger on $60 worth of RAM junk and then realized I hadn't just searched "motorcycle phone mount" on Amazon. I did that and found this guy for under $13 so I figured why not. Amazon actually got it to me yesterday and I have to say I'm really impressed. My phone JUST fits but it's incredibly secure, especially with the silicon mesh behind on the corners. We'll see how it holds up.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:02 AM

Thanks for posting. Been considering a phone holder for my bicycle. Found one of these on eBay for $9.99 (while supplies last!) and free shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureSeeker View Post
Hey everyone, thanks again for commenting. I have a Rapid Recon 19 tank bag with a clear waterproof top area, HOWEVER my phone overheats in there in minutes in the summer time, so that's a fail.

I was all set to pull the trigger on $60 worth of RAM junk and then realized I hadn't just searched "motorcycle phone mount" on Amazon. I did that and found this guy for under $13 so I figured why not. Amazon actually got it to me yesterday and I have to say I'm really impressed. My phone JUST fits but it's incredibly secure, especially with the silicon mesh behind on the corners. We'll see how it holds up.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Just to update the thread in case someone searches later on down the line:

The LG G3, I have one of those too---it has the same size SCREEN as the iphone 6+, but the iphone 6+ is much larger in toto. (I only have an iphone because work pays for it, don't get me started.)

The ROAM holder...not sure yet how it's gonna work out. I went to throw the phone in it yesterday and it exploded apart on me, but after reassembling it and examining it, it's because I apparently pressed not only apart but also down on it. I flipped it upside down (so it opens away from the bar, not into it), and it's fine. I'll probably slap some epoxy in there and call it yahtzee, it didn't break, it's just how it comes apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode