GIVI V35 Bags & PLX4114 Mounts On 2015 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaverickAus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
GIVI V35 Bags & PLX4114 Mounts On 2015

Have any of you installed the subject bags/mounts on their 2015 Versys? I have an opportunity to buy several different new 2015s and the best price (disregarding the lower list) is for an ABS (non-LT) and I was looking at possible aftermarket cases and feel the V35s would be a good & more economical substitute for the factory items & would like others impressions & photos as I'm not sure how far they would stick out as they have a higher capacity (I believe) than the factory units.

JH in OH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	givi_V35_side_cases_L.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	81313  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:39 AM

Garage
The V35's were the factory bags (just had Kawasaki badges) on the pre 2015 model.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman77 View Post
Have any of you installed the subject bags/mounts on their 2015 Versys? I have an opportunity to buy several different new 2015s and the best price (disregarding the lower list) is for an ABS (non-LT) and I was looking at possible aftermarket cases and feel the V35s would be a good & more economical substitute for the factory items & would like others impressions & photos as I'm not sure how far they would stick out as they have a higher capacity (I believe) than the factory units.

JH in OH
That was my feeling too, so I got the Givi Treker 33 liter, which open two ways , as a suit case and from the top. I have the 35 on my 07 , what I don't like about the 35 is on the kick stand side, everything wants to fall out, elastic strap can only contain large items. The Treker have two internal latches change from suitcase mode to top load mode, also external latches near top, same quick release keyed cases. I am waiting for the mounts to arrive for my 2015.One thing, it isn't shown in the picture but there are external latches at the upper sides. If anyone wants I can take a picture of the cases and post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Givi Treker 33 liter.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	81329  

Last edited by onewizard; 02-19-2016 at 09:14 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
That was my feeling too, so I got the Givi Treker 33 liter, which open two ways , as a suit case and from the top. I have the 35 on my 07 , what I don't like about the 35 is on the kick stand side, everything wants to fall out, elastic strap can only contain large items. The Treker have two internal latches change from suitcase mode to top load mode, also external latches near top, same quick release keyed cases. I am waiting for the mounts to arrive for my 2015.One thing, it isn't shown in the picture but there are external latches at the upper sides. If anyone wants I can take a picture of the cases and post.
That's interesting. I didn't know that about the trekers thank you. I imagine they are more expensive than the V series.
onewizard likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
That's interesting. I didn't know that about the trekers thank you. I imagine they are more expensive than the V series.
Just went back to twisted throttle, they updated their site, compared the Givi 35 to the Trekker, difference of about $75 to $100 more total for the Trekker. If you buy everything at once, a discount is usually offered, especially if you mention the dealer is trying to sell you the stuff.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

onewizard, if you could post photos of the cases installed, I would appreciated it a lot.

Last edited by bluesman77; 02-20-2016 at 10:11 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Probably second week of March

Mounting hardware is back ordered, so will know better on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
givi plx4114, givi v35

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode