My farkle journey begins - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My farkle journey begins

Time to put everything into an organised thread pertaining to my bike. Bought a radiator guard today. Last one like this seller had on ebay. Expected delivery is 2nd week of March so it'll be awhile longer but I'm curious to hear anyone else opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_1.jpg (29.1 KB, 99 views)

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)

Last edited by 1stversys; 02-12-2016 at 08:30 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Also, I am having difficulty finding the thread or website for these..
Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks
From everything I've read about them on here they're the way to go for my 2014 Versys. Just having difficulty finding the website that I can actually purchase them on.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 09:20 AM
BKP

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stversys View Post
Also, I am having difficulty finding the thread or website for these..
Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks
From everything I've read about them on here they're the way to go for my 2014 Versys. Just having difficulty finding the website that I can actually purchase them on.
Speedy moved to a new site. Try this:
https://motowerkstore.com/

Ride safe...

Barry
2015 Versys 650 Pearl White
[space holder for farkles...]

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKP View Post
Speedy moved to a new site. Try this:
https://motowerkstore.com/
I get "This Webpage is not Available".
I will try in a different browser I guess.
Update: Google Chrome & Internet Explorer both are showing this page can't be displayed
Update to my update: Mobile version of Safari works... odd...
Lowering footpeg kit has been ordered. Before and after pictures will be in order.

Last edited by 1stversys; 02-12-2016 at 09:29 AM.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Motowerk pegs ordered on Friday and here already on Tuesday. Fast. Easy shipping. Tracking was reliable and accurate. A++ rating for the Moto Werk company. Instructions clear and laid out well online. Only thing is listed as 2007-2011 instructions. I have a '14 Versys but I don't believe there is a bit of difference. '14 is same as the '10-'11 so I'm not worried. Plan on installing them tonight as long as I don't run into any problems. Wish me luck. Pictures to come
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1455650823446.jpg (9.6 KB, 101 views)
turn8a, AlaskaJeff and OKJohn like this.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Great start so far. HOLD ON TIGHT, the farkling journey is a wild ride if you let it become one! Just take a look at my 2011 from the day I got it 2 years ago to now!! The sky (and your wallet size) is the limit
BTW I made a DIY radiator guard for about $10 using a steel mesh gutter screen and zip ties! I just couldn't see forking that much money for something I could make and get the same benefits out of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8462.jpg (90.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 12494898_10205668939428323_6833374791561583365_n.jpg (48.4 KB, 131 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

Last edited by AlaskaJeff; 02-17-2016 at 06:37 PM.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Like the radiator guard it was my 3rd Farkle i believe Motowerks Mirror Extenders and Foot Peg Lowering Blocks were the first 2....

IMG_0123 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I am close to posting up 2nd gen accessories now that the Versys is officially gone.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Great start so far. HOLD ON TIGHT, the farkling journey is a wild ride if you let it become one! Just take a look at my 2011 from the day I got it 2 years ago to now!! The sky (and your wallet size) is the limit
BTW I made a DIY radiator guard for about $10 using a steel mesh gutter screen and zip ties! I just couldn't see forking that much money for something I could make and get the same benefits out of it.
I knew I could find a radiotor guard (or make one) a lot cheaper, but I really fancied the one with Versys on it. But you're right, the sky is the limit. This winter has done its toll on my, I'm ready to ride AND ready to farkle. I am about to order the side fairings and beak from Hogshead (I think that was his name on the forum, I found his ebay from Thailand).
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I am close to posting up 2nd gen accessories now that the Versys is officially gone.
Keep me posted with what you are selling. Next on my list is a rear rack and a taller windshield.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I wish they had more skip plates like you have Jeff.

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Great start so far. HOLD ON TIGHT, the farkling journey is a wild ride if you let it become one! Just take a look at my 2011 from the day I got it 2 years ago to now!!...
Jeff - it looks WAY-Y-Y better now!!!

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Jeff - it looks WAY-Y-Y better now!!!

-
You must have good eyes or be looking at another pic. His NOW pic is kind of small to see any details. I assume like always, his bikes are always leading edge; but I wouldn't mind seeing a larger closeup pic of his bike NOW (like his ORIGINAL Pic which was perfect.)
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:34 PM

Here are my latest safety features: Cox racing radiator guard, Powerbronze hugger, and a Pyramid (hugger) chain guard (cut off hugger, and blends in nicely for Quick chain alignment inspection.) And I've also bought all of Speedy's best products for my 2012, except the highway bars, and I'll probably get those too

My first options were Safety Essentials: Hepco Becker Radiator/Crash bars and dual PIAA horns

Last edited by kawdog; 02-19-2016 at 01:42 PM.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
You must have good eyes or be looking at another pic. His NOW pic is kind of small to see any details. I assume like always, his bikes are always leading edge; but I wouldn't mind seeing a larger closeup pic of his bike NOW (like his ORIGINAL Pic which was perfect.)
Just check out jeff's profile. There's plenty of pictures depicting his farkles and what he has done to the bike. Any post he's had is usually detailed with pictures (such as his pelican box he mounted the other day). Yes the NOW picture is a bit far away but he one ups us all with his Alaska scenery.

Could you perhaps get a little closer picture of your Cox? It is kind of hard to see

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Just check out jeff's profile. There's plenty of pictures depicting his farkles and what he has done to the bike. Any post he's had is usually detailed with pictures (such as his pelican box he mounted the other day). Yes the NOW picture is a bit far away but he one ups us all with his Alaska scenery.

Could you perhaps get a little closer picture of your Cox? It is kind of hard to see
See below, except in metallic red:

Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys, ER6-F
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well the poison has set in with this warm weather and I've never been more ready to ride. Cleaned out the garage I'm renting and plan to turn it into a little workshop. Figured $30 a month is better than keeping the bike under a carport. First things first I need a table... But all in all it was good to feel productive again doing something besides work. Pictures are before, during, after, and current moment of productivity for the night. Thanks everyone for the helpful insight thus far and the expanse of knowledge everyone brings to the table (unlike the table I'm lacking at the moment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1455955919883.jpg (11.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg image_1455956009855.jpg (9.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg image_1455956027437.jpg (9.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg image_1455956042885.jpg (9.2 KB, 95 views)
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Everything right now is on a low budget. Cheap tools, small tinkering, etc. I've accumulated the tools slowly over the years and still includes the first tool set my parents gave me for Christmas when I was 7 and wanting to help work on the old 80cc Yamaha Badger 4wheeler. My brother and I worked chores on the farm 2 years to earn that 4wheeler.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

Thats What She Said.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

Its A Grower..Not A Show'r....
josucksbuena likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
...First things first I need a table....
I made one for my garage in BC (and I'm NOT a wood-worker!). It's 8' x 32", w/ 4x4 posts at each corner, bracing is 2x6 w/ two 1/2" plywood pieces for the top, plus another for the shelf about 8" above the floor, the top covered w/ a steel 1/8" cover, then the wood-supports painted white.

Here's a pic.

I added some peg-board at the back and sides to attach stuff.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode