Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oneonta, NY (Formerly Winston-Salem, NC)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Brian, welcome from another new member.
I have just finished a similar inquiry to what you are doing, and here's what I can tell you:
1. The Kawi sidecases don't really come in red. That picture was just for the add and it has confused a bunch of people. They are only available in gloss black.
2. You are right that they are identical to the Givi V35 cases. The only difference is the logo.
3. From what I can gather, you can do what you want by either using the SW-Motech racks & top rack OR the Givi racks and top rack.
4. The Kawi sideracks are made by Givi, but it is a little different so it is not compatible with the Givi top rack.
5. I think the Kawi toprack is made by SW-Motech, so I would assume it can be used with the Motech sideracks, but don't quote me on that.
6. Lots of folks are painting their trim panels to match the Passion Red of the bike. That's what I plan to do.
Good luck in your search.
Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<