Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Frame Wear Under Seat

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  ZaethDekar 
#1 ·
Has any one else noticed some frame wear caused by the seat? I can post a few pictures in the next couple days.

#6 ·
Look on the bottom of the seat and see where its rubbing the frame. probably can glue some thin rubber on it to help protect the frame if your concerned about it.

#7 ·
i recently installed my soft saddle bags under the seat instead of over and it makes the seat fit a little tighter, i wonder if this is the cause because i didnt notice it before. I weigh 230. I will try to get pictures up tonight if it is not raining when i get home from work.

#8 ·
Here are images of my frame wearing due to the seat. I cleaned and covered the spots with silicone spray. I think i might install some insulators next time i get a chance just to keep separation and avoid more wear.

Attachments

#12 ·
Had the same wear mark under mine. Previous owner didnt bother. I couldnt. So today i cut up some rubber pieces from a disused moped tyre tube, clean it up and stick it on the wear area with some 3m double sided tape. Seat is harder to close, but at least i know that the seat is no longer grinding the frame directly.

#14 ·
yup, the paint is being worn off and it just unsightly whenever i opened up my seat. lol.

anyway, i dont know if it's just placebo effect, but i find that the seat vibes has been "slightly" dampened. the vibe is not eliminated completely but i do felt less rumble on my butt compared to my usual commute to work.

#15 ·
ok here's some pic i took last nite. darn it's so dark.
i stick a piee everywhere i see scuff marks.

note the depressed part in the middle.

this is just for starters. noticed that the small pieces gets moved/edged away. in due time i'll slap on larger pieces to make sure it stays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.