Power commander, worth the $$ - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Power commander, worth the $$

I'm considering purchasing a power commander for my 09 and was wondering what kind of performance gains to expect. Is it worth the money? I plan to eventually get a slip on for better sound and wouldn't mind a few more HP. What has been your experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM

There's several threads on this mod here on the forum. The hot setup seems to involve using a Power Commander V, Autotune and a slip-on, such as a Leo Vince, that comes with an O2 sensor bung. Using that setup the computer will develop it's own custom fuel map for your specific location resulting in more power and smoother low speed fuel delivery. The alternative would be dyno time and gets a little pricey, as well.

It's been worth it to me, even though it will cost you about $470 for the PC-V/Autotune combo, and $299 for LV slip-on.

Leo Vince -

http://www.supercyclestore.com/Produ...oductCode=7551

http://www.pipecity.com/Search/Categ..._0/_2/Kawasaki

PC-V/Autotune -

http://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php

http://indysuperbike.com/customer/home.php

V-Zee
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:56 PM

I have run the PC V for a couple weeks now and mapped to my Two Brothers Slip On. It is smoother and is more responsive than stock. I would say it was worth the cash since I am using it. ome folks like stock and others prefer mods. So, the overall value might be based on how long you keep the V.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM

You will see much better gains using a full system, but a pc with a slip on isnt a bad idea.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 AM

I've been wondering the same thing as the OP. I spoke to my local parts guru and he told me that the numbers wont change a whole lot, but the smoothness and reposiveness is what is noticed. I have read on this forum that with a full Arrow kit and a PC3 the user dyno'd at +4 hp and -.75 ft/lb of torque. The loss of 15 pounds of weight from the stock system is worth the 3/4 ft/lb of torque loss.

I ride 60 miles a day, 4 days a week and am strongly considering just the PC3 and some dyno time..... any thoughts on that?

</threadjack>
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I'm aware that the PC 5 isn't recommended for 2008s, but has anyone put one on theirs? (I can't see a lot of reasons why it wouldn't work....)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:29 PM

Been there done that.

You will see very little difference with just the PCIII and no muffler changes. I would say that it is not worth the money unless you replace or modify the exhaust and intake systems.

As delivered from the factory it is tuned to optimize economy, performance, emmisions and fuel economy. For a commuter bike it would seem that stock is most appropriate.

And on top of all that, if it is what you want to do use the stock Versys map that comes with the PCIII. If you install an aftermarket can give me a shout and I will get you a couple of maps that I have.

Bob

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode