4Likes
  • 1 Post By chadams66
  • 1 Post By chadams66
  • 1 Post By ronheater70
  • 1 Post By TN-Versys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

G2 quick throttle

I was doing a bit of handle bar work..mirror isolators..hand guards..so I thought I might as well go ahead and get this G2 Ergonomics quick throttle tube and slap her on...I'm loving it...at 80 bucks plus shipping it ain't cheap (for a throttle tube)..but it's well made..woo hoo...Street Bikes Products - G2 Ergonomics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quick-turn-street-500x375.jpg (25.6 KB, 85 views)
invader likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 10:59 AM

I installed one of these on my 2015 Yamaha, because the OEM reacted just too quickly. I am curious why you chose to do this on your Versys, and which of the cams did you select.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 12:08 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i had a knock off of one of those on my ATK and man it took that bike from being a bit untamed to fully insane (in the fun way)

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 02:19 PM

The throttle was jerky on my '15 so I tightened up the throttle cables a bit to take out the slack. It made the throttle a lot smoother in both directions.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrypicker7 View Post
I installed one of these on my 2015 Yamaha, because the OEM reacted just too quickly. I am curious why you chose to do this on your Versys, and which of the cams did you select.
I chose this throttle because I wanted a quicker throttle to make up for the higher gearing of my 43 tooth rear sprocket..and there isn't a lot of others on the market...I also wanted to reduce the amount of rotation needed for full throttle for easier cruising and in general less fatigue on the wrist...this particular throttle has a lot of good features which made it worth the money to me...I have had it for quite a while now and simply love it and would put one on all of my bikes if I could...as far as I can remember this throttle only had one position (no cams) for the throttle cable to slip into (the picture is for reference)...

ronheater70 likes this.

Last edited by chadams66; 04-04-2016 at 12:33 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
I chose this throttle because I wanted a quicker throttle to make up for the higher gearing of my 43 tooth rear sprocket..and there isn't a lot of others on the market...I also wanted to reduce the amount of rotation needed for full throttle for easier cruising and in general less fatigue on the wrist...this particular throttle has a lot of good features which made it worth the money to me...I have had it for quite a while now and simply love it and would put one on all of my bikes if I could...as far as I can remember this throttle only had one position (no cams) for the throttle cable to slip into (the picture is for reference)...

I think most all oem gearing is as good as you can get (because it is world-class engineered), but the Vs. 650 is absolutely perfect. 0 to 100 mph liquid acceleration. You screwed up when you changed the gearing. Other than spending a lot of money and never getting it adjusted right again, you could get yourself killed in the big city expressways. They won't even look back at you, lol.

And now your whole throttle band is out of sync, so you are not running at full efficiency at any time with big gaps in-between and within gears too. No wonder your electric voltage meter is freaking out wooooing around town. That is not the way I think this bike was made to run optimally, with a lot of electric gadgets on it anyway. $80 for a fast throttle response is not going to help an improperly geared motorcycle - wooooooooooo! And usually tinkerers adjust both front and rear sprocket; but I still think it's just a compromise and they will never get as good as oem recommended, kind of like 3rd party exhaust too - wooooo-pop-bang-wooooooo-pop-bang-...
Brother, that's your life balanced on two wheels in all that traffic!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
I think most all oem gearing is as good as you can get (because it is world-class engineered), but the Vs. 650 is absolutely perfect. 0 to 100 mph liquid acceleration. You screwed up when you changed the gearing. Other than spending a lot of money and never getting it adjusted right again, you could get yourself killed in the big city expressways. They won't even look back at you, lol.

And now your whole throttle band is out of sync, so you are not running at full efficiency at any time with big gaps in-between and within gears too. No wonder your electric voltage meter is freaking out wooooing around town. That is not the way I think this bike was made to run optimally, with a lot of electric gadgets on it anyway. $80 for a fast throttle response is not going to help an improperly geared motorcycle - wooooooooooo! And usually tinkerers adjust both front and rear sprocket; but I still think it's just a compromise and they will never get as good as oem recommended, kind of like 3rd party exhaust too - wooooo-pop-bang-wooooooo-pop-bang-...
Brother, that's your life balanced on two wheels in all that traffic!
Do you really believe everything you just typed? "Not running at full efficiency" -- " Whole throttle band is out of Sync" WTH? I mean you seem to repeat that the Versys is Perfect, It has Perfect Power, Perfect Gearing, etc.. If you would simply add in that its perfect FOR YOU in YOUR configuration, I think that would clear up a lot. Just remember that other people might think something other than your preferences on the bike might be the perfect combination for them.
sonofnothing likes this.

Last edited by ronheater70; 04-04-2016 at 09:27 AM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Do you really believe everything you just typed? "Not running at full efficiency" -- " Whole throttle band is out of Sync" WTH? I mean you seem to repeat that the Versys is Perfect, It has Perfect Power, Perfect Gearing, etc.. If you would simply add in that its perfect FOR YOU in YOUR configuration, I think that would clear up a lot. Just remember that other people might think something other than your preferences on the bike might be the perfect combination for them.
Don't you DARE contradict the great kawdog, everything he types is perfection, and every post is perfectly reasoned.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
The engineered gearing is optimized to provide the maximum performance between and within gears. If you want something else, you are not going to be as safe. People who change them from forum surveys are never satisfied as to their original reason, AND are only satisfied when they switch back. But until they switch back, they will try to convince people to get them JUST to justify their (bad) purchase decision.

For example, the OP's voltage light started freaking out after he got his, and then he gets a quick throttle which is mutually exclusive function of gearing, and on and on it goes. You better do your homework before changing drive gearing, because safer is better than any 'wish of the moment.' Speaking as an engineer, when you ACTUALLY do your homework, it's hard to beat oem engineered parts (DRIVE parts especially!): although some are too economical to be sufficient. But on the whole, there are many systems involved in a holistic man/machine vehicle that MUST be considered for safety.

The OP has maybe the best motorcycle ever made. And if he doesn't get it back to square one in gearing, he is going to keep adding dysfunctional layers that will make the bike worse and worse. I know the main 2 protesters here and now don't have an engineering or any degree. As well, neither even appear to own a Vs. 650. Everybody's got a choice, but do your homework. With search engines, it takes a lot of time to figure it out AND get historical and current survey evidence: but it's there if your life is worth it. Don't make decisions based on one forum alone. You are likely going to listen to uneducated people (fry cooks, ?) who don't even have a bike that just thumb though ADVrider all day long - the absolute WORST source for owners welfare, predominantly. ymmv.

Last edited by kawdog; 04-04-2016 at 01:15 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
The engineered gearing is optimized to provide the maximum performance between and within gears. If you want something else, you are not going to be as safe. People who change them from forum surveys are never satisfied as to their original reason, AND are only satisfied when they switch back. But until they switch back, they will try to convince people to get them JUST to justify their (bad) purchase decision.

For example, the OP's voltage light started freaking out after he got his, and then he gets a quick throttle which is mutually exclusive function of gearing, and on and on it goes. You better do your homework before changing drive gearing, because safer is better than any 'wish of the moment.' Speaking as an engineer, when you ACTUALLY do your homework, it's hard to beat oem engineered parts (DRIVE parts especially!): although some are too economical to be sufficient. But on the whole, there are many systems involved in a holistic man/machine vehicle that MUST be considered for safety.

The OP has maybe the best motorcycle ever made. And if he doesn't get it back to square one in gearing, he is going to keep adding dysfunctional layers that will make the bike worse and worse. I know the main 2 protesters here and now don't have an engineering or any degree. As well, neither even appear to own a Vs. 650. Everybody's got a choice, but do your homework. With search engines, it takes a lot of time to figure it out AND get historical and current survey evidence: but it's there if your life is worth it. Don't make decisions based on one forum alone. You are likely going to listen to uneducated people (fry cooks, ?) who don't even have a bike that just thumb though ADVrider all day long. ymmv.
O.k, but You keep confusing facts with preference.. Saying that the bike will be less safe ( I assume in traffic conditions that require the need to immediately accelerate) is the same as someone with a 130 hp bike saying that the Versys itself wouldnt be safe because of the lackadaisical power output.Sorry but the midrange of this bike is not awe inspiring. Maybe it Would be less Safe with YOU riding it, but with someone else,maybe more safe? I mean it comes down to preference, and maybe a different person can ride the bike with manipulated gearing better than you can with stock gearing.
Part of a versatile bike is being able to load it up and travel. Adding 30-50 pounds of weight, or even another person drastically slows maneuvering and acceleration, so is that off limits on this bike as well?
That's all I'm saying. It works for him, that's all that's important.

If the bike cannot handle a small drop in RPMS and still generate enough power to run his accessories, then thats a different issue. I mean I ride backroads to work, and rarely see over 3.5/4 grande to work and back because of my route, should my bike not charge at that low rpm? Do you seriously believe that?

It's all preference, OEM gearing works well for some (i'm one of them) but if I spent any more time on 70 MPH roads, I would most definitely go up a tooth on front, or down a couple on back, just to drop the rpms a bit and alleviate some of the buzzing. I wouldn't be any less safe for doing it either. If i'm ever in a pickle, and 400 rpms makes the difference between life or death, then I really must not know how to effectively use the transmission to my benefit.

I mean isn't the whole premise of the bike to be Versatile?
Man just let people do with their bike what they want as long as it makes them happy!

Last edited by ronheater70; 04-04-2016 at 01:34 PM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:35 PM

Garage
Quote:

The OP has maybe the best motorcycle ever made. And if he doesn't get it back to square one in gearing, he is going to keep adding dysfunctional layers that will make the bike worse and worse. I know the main 2 protesters here and now don't have an engineering or any degree. As well, neither even appear to own a Vs. 650. Everybody's got a choice, but do your homework. With search engines, it takes a lot of time to figure it out AND get historical and current survey evidence: but it's there if your life is worth it. Don't make decisions based on one forum alone. You are likely going to listen to uneducated people (fry cooks, ?) who don't even have a bike that just thumb though ADVrider all day long - the absolute WORST source for owners welfare, predominantly. ymmv.
I assume you're referencing me when you talk about uneducated people with your fry cook jab. Since you know literally nothing about me, you might want to re-think your assumptions. But hell, that would require you to have an original thought of your own.
You keep spouting your personal opinions as facts and it needs to stop. Also, stop contradicting yourself in the same sentence, it's confusing.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

lol...I didn't understand a single sentence...I'm thinking the Kawdog read a George Will editorial and got "inspired"...
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 08:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
Google translate, works on even the most obscure languages.
Most obscure languages.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
The engineered gearing is optimized to provide the maximum per..
I couldn't even get past that without feeling the saliva coating my mouth in preparation for vomiting.

Quote:
The OP has maybe the best motorcycle ever made. And if he doesn't get it back to square one in gearing, he is going to keep adding dysfunctional layers that will make the bike worse and worse.
Wait, altering your motorcycle (any make/model) will make it worse and worse? That's weird man. Many many people have changed the seat, lowered the footpegs, changed the windscreen, and went -2T on the rear sprocket with nothing but POSITIVE results.

Are you really this deep in the sea of your delusion? Holy cow, dog..

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 02:48 AM

Quote:
..I also wanted to reduce the amount of rotation needed for full throttle for easier cruising and in general less fatigue on the wrist
Hahahaha. In Aus we don't have that problem. There is a throttle stop installed for the Aus market to restrict the power of the bike to make them legal for learner riders.

As a result we miss out on abt 12hp

BruceC (mutter, mutter, mutter mutter.... Gotta get out the torx driver and remove that bloody stopper)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 09:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
I was doing a bit of handle bar work..mirror isolators..hand guards..so I thought I might as well go ahead and get this G2 Ergonomics quick throttle tube and slap her on...I'm loving it...at 80 bucks plus shipping it ain't cheap (for a throttle tube)..but it's well made..woo hoo...Street Bikes Products - G2 Ergonomics
I picked one up from rutmonkey.com for $64, I have to say the difference is surprising, it actually works.
chadams66 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode