Arrow Exaust - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Arrow Exaust

A few weeks ago I ordered a Arrow "Dark" slip on for the V. It was on back order, but finally arrived today!

So I opened the box and it sure is pretty.
My question is I am wondering if they sent me the slip-on that I ordered, or if they sent me the full system with headers and everything.
Here are 2 pics of everything that came.

What I am pretty sure are new headers.

So did I get the slip-on, or did they send me the full system by accident, or to make up for the several week wait?

Also if it is the full system, do i need to get a PowerCommander? I got the slip-on because one was not needed.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 PM

Looks like you got the full system. Sell the headers= near free slip-on!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 PM

That's a full system, if you only paid for the slip-on then the ball is in your court as to what level or morality is to be applied to the situation, if any. I don't judge, but have a horrible moral directive that I've been trying to shake for years. I'd contact them and see what they would like to do.

Mike

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 07:54 PM

If you use the full system, you will need a PCIII (and I highly recomend a dyno tune). Also, if it was me, I would call them and pay for the header (if I wanted to keep it). Personally, I would just use the slip-on. The difference in power isn't going to take it from the bike that it is to smoking sportbikes, and you don't need the PCIII or dyno tune with the slip-on.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Its a full system. if I were you i would return the header part and just use the slip on. people do make mistake and some one is going to pay, so if you have not paid for the full system return it and be blessed with a good KARMA.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 AM

I ordered my slip on and I'm waiting too. I hope they get a shipment soon.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Rik

yah, you got the full set up there. If you only paid for the can I'd contact the vendor. KARMA can be a strange and wonderful thing...my 2 cents.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Ha! I am waiting on mine too.

Curious where did you order from Hawkshot?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 03:22 PM

It sucks that your going to half to decide on calling them up or keeping it. A few years ago i probably wouldn't have even cared and been like "screw em"
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 AM

If you decide to keep it and get a PC3.....there is no absolute need for a dyno tune. There are maps to d/load for it. The difference between header/no header is pretty big IMHO.
As far as getting the header sent to you....it was their mistake and by law you don't have to return it. It's up to you....

BTW...here is the map I use with my PC3 that was born from a 2 1/2 hour dyno session.
Attached Files
File Type: djm dyno final.djm (3.9 KB, 56 views)

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.

Last edited by StonedGP; 07-09-2010 at 08:19 AM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 PM

I ordered mine from pipecity.com. They say there is none in the us and the shipment should be here this week. Arow told them they are waiting for it to pass through customs. I hope to have it soon. I hate waiting.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 06:54 AM

of course no one is questioning your moral compass... But can you just imagine there potential SHOCK when you call to let them know they goofed!!!!!
That's worth the price of admission alone....(pardon the pun)

BTW...the US postal service says you have no obligation to pay ( or return) anything you receive in the mail that you didn't order. The laws on your side regarding keeping the 'plunder'.

I don't believe in any of the old mythology's...and morality is not exclusive to people of faith. ( for those that like labels I'd be called an atheist) however;
"Stoned GP's" tag says it best.....
"Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"
...and that my friends is a rare and precious thing in the world we live in.

Enjoy the new Arrow... VAROOOM, VAROOM !!!
I'm jealous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiVA76 View Post
That's a full system, if you only paid for the slip-on then the ball is in your court as to what level or morality is to be applied to the situation, if any. I don't judge, but have a horrible moral directive that I've been trying to shake for years. I'd contact them and see what they would like to do.

Mike
+1
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:14 PM

WOW, that is the full system...sweet !

I have given more stuff and money than most probably and did so because someone needed help or could not afford it and it made me feel good to help. I recently purchased a headlight from "company name A", it was the standard light not the HID, I received the standard light, which is great a product but if they had sent me the HID, would I have called them ?

I also recently purchased something that was worth three times what I paid, should I have told the owner and split the difference in price ? Would you have ?

How much would all of this FREE advertisement cost Arrow ?

I just want to see pics of this system on your bike

2008 Versys (modified)
SM610 fender & fairing
Trail tech headlight
Shinko 705`s
Yoshimura
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:39 PM

They sent it to you because they "wanted" you to have it.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 04:01 PM

Wait wait wait.

I thought if you received something in the mail with your name on it, it legally belongs to you.

Also I am sure the extra parts for the full system cost them about $10. I highly doubt they will send a call tag for it.

The other thing to consider is they may have done it purposely to see how well it fits, and if you respond with positive feedback about it.

Hmmmm,

Is doing the right thing, when you are in a store and something is mis-marked. You hold the store to give it to you for the price marked. Would that not also fall under someone made a mistake too.

It is not like the guy was at the store and gave the cashier $500 and got $450 in change.

I am a firm believer in KARMA, and always do the right thing. I found a $100 bill once in the VIP parking garage where I worked. I took it to the mgmt office and tried to give it back, they refused it. Said to keep it and if someone made a claim they would just pay it.

Good luck with the new exhaust

Todd
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojoe View Post
I ordered mine from pipecity.com. They say there is none in the us and the shipment should be here this week. Arow told them they are waiting for it to pass through customs. I hope to have it soon. I hate waiting.
Yeah, same story I got. Waiting sucks!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That is what I was told as well. It was delivered in about 2.5 weeks.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Has anybody cut down the silencer tube, to make it louder than the quiet(not loud at all) but not as loud as without? Either by cutting, or drilling holes?

08' Versys
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 10:11 AM

Mine was delivered yesterday. Sadly, just the slip-on. Looks nice and installed pretty easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode