The Absolute power - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
naz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The Absolute power

have a look at this er6,it is supposed to produce 98 hp ...in case someone wants to make the best out of this engine you have to follow this link...
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...awasaki-er-6n/

http://www.hoely.de/kawasaki/docs/produkte.html

Last edited by naz; 07-04-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Looks beautiful...I want one!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
supposed to produce 98 hp
As I understand it from the few flattrack folks that run these motors, somewhere around 80-85hp they tend to break cranks pretty regularly and they last less than 200 miles of racing.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstratt View Post
As I understand it from the few flattrack folks that run these motors, somewhere around 80-85hp they tend to break cranks pretty regularly and they last less than 200 miles of racing.
"I've been roadracing EX500s since 1999. Won a few natl twins titles, with a fast rider.. Johnny Staska. You guys can google up that stuff.
My 540cc EX engine makes about 70 dynojet HP. My 600cc EX motor makes 80. The 600 will break a crank in two, usually some time after 250-300 race miles. I've got a (stiffer) crank stroker 650cc EX500 in the works, which should make closer to 90HP... With a 32mm (in) valve head. Who ever said that these bikes don't respond to porting, should be discounted immediately. I've spent hundreds of hours porting and flow testing EXs. Stock heads flow just over 100CFM @ 10in H2O. A good 32mm head will flow 140. My stroker 500 mis on the back burner, since we built a Ninja 650 Racebike.
The Ninja 650 made 98HP with 12.6 to 1 compression. I just revised to a single ring piston and 13.8:1 compression. Haven't been back to the dyno yet.
BTW, I've got 3 complete racebikes for sale, including the championshp winner... with a fresh 600cc engine. Also have a couple of nice race engines for sale."

Alan Rodenborn
http://www.racingunlimited.com/

"We do not use high compression pistons. JE pistons weigh more than stock. Heavier parts move slower. We run stock pistons, with a milled head and cylinder. Depending on the track, we use different combos of Versys and 650R cams. (A cheap route, is to install a Versys intake cam in your 650R, and put the 650R intake cam in the exhaust.) We have billet cams ready to grind, but until we start getting some requests, they will stay in the unground form. Proper porting & compression nets the biggest gains.
Stock rods stretch a lot faster. Not a big problem, until you start getting over 75 hp. My engine builder is currently building some flat track engines. One is a 700cc, the other 750 using stock bore/rod length, with stroked crank and custom built pistons, with pin location moved. Those should be in the 90+ hp range."

Gary "BRP"
http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
naz

this one is a "screamer" parallel with höly cams producing max power at 11.500 rpm
the pistons and valves are stock, 13.8:1 compression is too much though.throttle bodies from zx-10 and head work to maximize flow.
this engine is not built for reliability.its for max power under the 2 cylinder design...
as invader stated there are a lot tuning houses near these numbers,so i believe the 100 hp is the total maximum for this engine.a 80 hp engine would be ideal for this bike combining reliability and power with the perfect analogy.if you notice in the mcn link the engine makes extreme noise from the induction,in high rpm it is like a jet engine.you can understand this by simply removing the stock snorkels,induction is really noisy.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 05:35 PM

I never said they weren't capable of it, only that their not capable of it without ending up trashed!

I would think 75-80hp would be IDEAL for the V!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
(A cheap route, is to install a Versys intake cam in your 650R, and put the 650R intake cam in the exhaust.)
Invader,

Is there any benefit to doing this in a road bike?

Formerly of Terrace Bay
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
That's just an example of a method used in the Ninja 650R/ER6 engine to reduce inlet valve opening duration from 272° to 260°, while increasing exhaust valve opening duration from 260° to 272°. It adds power in the upper rev range...

Ninja 650R/ER6 cam timing:
Inlet- open 31° BTDC................Exhaust- open 50° BBDC
close 61° ABDC........................close 30° ATDC
duration 272°..........................duration 260°

Versys cam timing:
Inlet- open 25° BTDC................Exhaust- open 47° BBDC
close 54° ABDC........................close 25° ATDC
duration 260°..........................duration 252°
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode