Arrow Full Pipes and Exhaust Kit - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow Full Pipes and Exhaust Kit

Anyone know about the Arrow Pipe and Exhaust kit or even have one on their V? I was thinking about ordering one soon.

If not, I guess you all will know by mid-month...
jujoo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Do they have a web site? I would like to learn more.
COBOB
COBOB is offline  
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Member
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Georgia mountains
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
http://www.arrow.it/usa/home/

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hooligan is offline  
 
post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thank you.
COBOB is offline  
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Got them on order and should arrive whithin the week. I'll try to get some pics up as soon as they're installed.

Oh...and I have a power commander on the V so it'll be tuned when installed too. Let you all know what's the outcome soon.
jujoo is offline  
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Member
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Georgia mountains
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cool! Post up, I'm deciding which set to get my self.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hooligan is offline  
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey Hooligan,

You know if the K&N filter will be a good investment on the performance upgrade too?
jujoo is offline  
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Member
 
invader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kapuskasing Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,884
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
The Arrow is a nice quality exhaust system, and it sounds pretty smooth even without the included baffle: http://www.ipulse.co.uk/images/Arrow.wmv

How much are you paying for yours? It's available here for $565.95, and $235.95 for just the slip-on: http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome....php?cat=30571 (IN USA)

K&N doesn't make an air filter yet for the V, but BMC (Italy) has a similar one... I got a foam Piper X filter make in UK. It is a bit of an improvement over stock, and fuel mileage did get better with all my mods combined. (Muzzy full exhaust system, Piper X filter, vacuum hose mod, 5 degree timing advance...)

Last edited by invader; 08-11-2008 at 02:57 AM.
invader is offline  
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Member
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Georgia mountains
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujoo View Post
Hey Hooligan,

You know if the K&N filter will be a good investment on the performance upgrade too?
If you change both you may need to invest in a power Commander to get the proper mixture. If you do get a filter, take a look at BMC as well as K&N.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hooligan is offline  
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Member
 
Lukejt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finksburg, Maryland
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
The Arrow is a nice quality exhaust system, and it sounds pretty smooth even without the included baffle: http://www.ipulse.co.uk/images/Arrow.wmv

How much are you paying for yours? It's available here for $565.95, and $235.95 for just the slip-on: http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome....php?cat=30571 (IN USA)

K&N doesn't make an air filter yet for the V, but BMC (Italy) has a similar one... I got a foam Piper X filter make in UK. It is a bit of an improvement over stock, and fuel mileage did get better with all my mods combined. (Muzzy full exhaust system, Piper X filter, vacuum hose mod, 5 degree timing advance...)
Is the Ninja 650 kit the same as the Versys kit? Nice find btw, that's much more in line with what I would expect a can to cost...

Luke
Lukejt is offline  
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:37 PM
FJS
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Post

I have posted about this system on other threads but will chip in briefly.
I do have the Arrow full system and BMC filter combo on my V and it did NOT require a PCIII. The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well. Well worth the $ for it and in my personal opinion, cheap for what you get.

Cheers

Frank
FJS is offline  
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Member
 
invader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kapuskasing Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,884
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukejt View Post
Is the Ninja 650 kit the same as the Versys kit? Nice find btw, that's much more in line with what I would expect a can to cost...

Luke
Yes like i mentioned in the 'Exhaust systems' thread, it's the same application for mentioned Ninja 650R, displayed ER-6 and listed Versys.
invader is offline  
post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Member
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Georgia mountains
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS View Post
The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well.
How much better?

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hooligan is offline  
post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Member
 
Lukejt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finksburg, Maryland
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS View Post
I have posted about this system on other threads but will chip in briefly.
I do have the Arrow full system and BMC filter combo on my V and it did NOT require a PCIII. The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well. Well worth the $ for it and in my personal opinion, cheap for what you get.

Cheers

Frank
So what's it sound like? The price is right, but I don't want full on super loud. The arrow pipe that came with my Husky was VERY quiet when it was new. It's blown out now but wouldn't take but 15 minutes to re-pack it. IMHO the workmanship of the Arrow cans (Husqvarna OEM) I've got are really nice.

Luke
Lukejt is offline  
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Member
 
Lukejt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finksburg, Maryland
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just a few thoughts, out loud/online, due to the location of the can on the V, I think Carbon would be a bad idea, due to stones etc. Even during light off-roading, it would be subject to being smashed or cracked. Anybody else have an opinion on CF for the V can? Just last week I did a small creek crossing and sure enough I wound up riding over a rock. I didn't bottom out, but if the rock was bigger, maybe it could have hit the can. I know from prior experience (but not with exhausts), CF doesn't hold up to off road abuse.

Luke
Lukejt is offline  
post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys,

The pipes are in but the exhaust is not so i'll be waiting till the CF can arrives in at the begining of September so I can have it all installed in one day. The CF can is good for me since i'm not going to go off road with it too much and if I do i'll get a Ti one later down the line...

Thanks for the replys guys
jujoo is offline  
post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukejt View Post
Just a few thoughts, out loud/online, due to the location of the can on the V, I think Carbon would be a bad idea, due to stones etc. Even during light off-roading, it would be subject to being smashed or cracked. Anybody else have an opinion on CF for the V can? Just last week I did a small creek crossing and sure enough I wound up riding over a rock. I didn't bottom out, but if the rock was bigger, maybe it could have hit the can. I know from prior experience (but not with exhausts), CF doesn't hold up to off road abuse.

Luke
I went with an aluminum pipe for just that reason. On the other hand, CF is very easy to repair if it cracks.
heehaw is offline  
post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Have you checked TwinAir? Their site had a problem when I tried to check for you. Maybe it will be up when you check.
Grow is offline  
post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Member
 
Darth Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Folsom CA
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heehaw View Post
On the other hand, CF is very easy to repair if it cracks.
I've never heard this before... care to elaborate?

I'm calm like a bomb!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Darth Lefty is offline  
post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Member
 
MackDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lewis Center, Ohio USA
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ordered the Aluminum slip-on last night from Indy Superbikes. Hopefully they're not back ordered (like it appears the CF cans are.) For $250 shipped this appears to be the best value in the aftermarket exhaust arena for the Versys (aside from the member here who's put a nice package together.) I've always liked Arrow, thought I'd give them a try this time around. Hopefully fairly tame - muted with the db killer insert in.

I'll post pics & reviews once I get'r done.
MackDaddy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leo Vince or Arrow? Red Herring Modifications - Performance - V-650 3 09-21-2008 10:38 AM
Arrow Questions Red Herring Modifications - Performance - V-650 0 09-17-2008 10:21 AM
Straight pipes? Magnaversys Technical Discussion - V-650 6 07-31-2008 07:05 PM
Full rainsuit-TourMaster haw paw Rider's Gear 10 06-25-2008 03:39 AM
Full rainsuit- haw paw Rider's Gear 0 06-09-2008 04:11 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome