Arrow Full Pipes and Exhaust Kit - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow Full Pipes and Exhaust Kit

Anyone know about the Arrow Pipe and Exhaust kit or even have one on their V? I was thinking about ordering one soon.

If not, I guess you all will know by mid-month...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM

Do they have a web site? I would like to learn more.
COBOB
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:56 PM

http://www.arrow.it/usa/home/

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:23 PM

Thank you.
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Got them on order and should arrive whithin the week. I'll try to get some pics up as soon as they're installed.

Oh...and I have a power commander on the V so it'll be tuned when installed too. Let you all know what's the outcome soon.
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:49 PM

Cool! Post up, I'm deciding which set to get my self.

Graham

post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Hey Hooligan,

You know if the K&N filter will be a good investment on the performance upgrade too?
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
The Arrow is a nice quality exhaust system, and it sounds pretty smooth even without the included baffle: http://www.ipulse.co.uk/images/Arrow.wmv

How much are you paying for yours? It's available here for $565.95, and $235.95 for just the slip-on: http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome....php?cat=30571 (IN USA)

K&N doesn't make an air filter yet for the V, but BMC (Italy) has a similar one... I got a foam Piper X filter make in UK. It is a bit of an improvement over stock, and fuel mileage did get better with all my mods combined. (Muzzy full exhaust system, Piper X filter, vacuum hose mod, 5 degree timing advance...)

Last edited by invader; 08-11-2008 at 02:57 AM.
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujoo View Post
Hey Hooligan,

You know if the K&N filter will be a good investment on the performance upgrade too?
If you change both you may need to invest in a power Commander to get the proper mixture. If you do get a filter, take a look at BMC as well as K&N.

Graham

post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
The Arrow is a nice quality exhaust system, and it sounds pretty smooth even without the included baffle: http://www.ipulse.co.uk/images/Arrow.wmv

How much are you paying for yours? It's available here for $565.95, and $235.95 for just the slip-on: http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome....php?cat=30571 (IN USA)

K&N doesn't make an air filter yet for the V, but BMC (Italy) has a similar one... I got a foam Piper X filter make in UK. It is a bit of an improvement over stock, and fuel mileage did get better with all my mods combined. (Muzzy full exhaust system, Piper X filter, vacuum hose mod, 5 degree timing advance...)
Is the Ninja 650 kit the same as the Versys kit? Nice find btw, that's much more in line with what I would expect a can to cost...

Luke
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:37 PM
FJS

I have posted about this system on other threads but will chip in briefly.
I do have the Arrow full system and BMC filter combo on my V and it did NOT require a PCIII. The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well. Well worth the $ for it and in my personal opinion, cheap for what you get.

Cheers

Frank
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukejt View Post
Is the Ninja 650 kit the same as the Versys kit? Nice find btw, that's much more in line with what I would expect a can to cost...

Luke
Yes like i mentioned in the 'Exhaust systems' thread, it's the same application for mentioned Ninja 650R, displayed ER-6 and listed Versys.
post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS View Post
The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well.
How much better?

Graham

post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS View Post
I have posted about this system on other threads but will chip in briefly.
I do have the Arrow full system and BMC filter combo on my V and it did NOT require a PCIII. The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well. Well worth the $ for it and in my personal opinion, cheap for what you get.

Cheers

Frank
So what's it sound like? The price is right, but I don't want full on super loud. The arrow pipe that came with my Husky was VERY quiet when it was new. It's blown out now but wouldn't take but 15 minutes to re-pack it. IMHO the workmanship of the Arrow cans (Husqvarna OEM) I've got are really nice.

Luke
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM

Just a few thoughts, out loud/online, due to the location of the can on the V, I think Carbon would be a bad idea, due to stones etc. Even during light off-roading, it would be subject to being smashed or cracked. Anybody else have an opinion on CF for the V can? Just last week I did a small creek crossing and sure enough I wound up riding over a rock. I didn't bottom out, but if the rock was bigger, maybe it could have hit the can. I know from prior experience (but not with exhausts), CF doesn't hold up to off road abuse.

Luke
post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys,

The pipes are in but the exhaust is not so i'll be waiting till the CF can arrives in at the begining of September so I can have it all installed in one day. The CF can is good for me since i'm not going to go off road with it too much and if I do i'll get a Ti one later down the line...

Thanks for the replys guys
post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukejt View Post
Just a few thoughts, out loud/online, due to the location of the can on the V, I think Carbon would be a bad idea, due to stones etc. Even during light off-roading, it would be subject to being smashed or cracked. Anybody else have an opinion on CF for the V can? Just last week I did a small creek crossing and sure enough I wound up riding over a rock. I didn't bottom out, but if the rock was bigger, maybe it could have hit the can. I know from prior experience (but not with exhausts), CF doesn't hold up to off road abuse.

Luke
I went with an aluminum pipe for just that reason. On the other hand, CF is very easy to repair if it cracks.
post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 AM

Have you checked TwinAir? Their site had a problem when I tried to check for you. Maybe it will be up when you check.
post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heehaw View Post
On the other hand, CF is very easy to repair if it cracks.
I've never heard this before... care to elaborate?

I'm calm like a bomb!

post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:41 AM

Ordered the Aluminum slip-on last night from Indy Superbikes. Hopefully they're not back ordered (like it appears the CF cans are.) For $250 shipped this appears to be the best value in the aftermarket exhaust arena for the Versys (aside from the member here who's put a nice package together.) I've always liked Arrow, thought I'd give them a try this time around. Hopefully fairly tame - muted with the db killer insert in.

I'll post pics & reviews once I get'r done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode