WOW! Changed Sprockets and Woke My Versys Up!!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up WOW! Changed Sprockets and Woke My Versys Up!!!!

Wow! Talk about waking up a sleeping giant.....I just replaced my OEM chain with an EK 520 MVXZ chain in Red, a 14T front sprocket and 46T rear by Superlite and man what a difference!!! ALOT more get up and go than previously......ALOT more low end take off power! Going down in the front by 1T and lightening up the rear spocket really makes a difference! Got all 3 in a combo package for a little over $175 at SpocketCenter.com.....bought the chain tool as well and the install was fairly easy.....

My Titan & Versys Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Rubicon Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Super Duty Website:

20,000+ Versys miles and loving every one!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
DBL

Wow, I bet it's a wheelie machine now, eh? LOL!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Lokks really awsome

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah! It's tons of fun!

My Rubicon Website:

My Super Duty Website:

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 AM

Willie Flo:

Can't find parts for Versys on Sprocketcentre.com. Wondering which bike's parts you chose?

Thanks
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 12:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz2012 View Post
Willie Flo:

Can't find parts for Versys on Sprocketcentre.com. Wondering which bike's parts you chose?

Thanks
Ninja 650r. I believe the stock rear sprocket is the same, and the front is 16t instead of 15t on the Verseys.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 01:06 AM

And is it a red tape/paint on the rims?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Safe ride.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz2012 View Post
Willie Flo:

Thanks
Datawiz,
Here's the link to Ninja 650/Versys parts: http://www.sprocketcenter.com/c/1620...sys-06-10.html
I used this combo http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/1017...-kawasaki.html utilizing a14T front and 46T rear...

My Rubicon Website:

My Super Duty Website:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Have you checked your RPMs at 70mph? I could use a little more bottom end but don't want to be killing it on the freeway.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Have you checked your RPMs at 70mph? I could use a little more bottom end but don't want to be killing it on the freeway.
Went up just under 500 rpm's at 70 mph.....

My Rubicon Website:

My Super Duty Website:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode