The newest Jetstream backpack accessory - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kawdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

The newest Jetstream backpack accessory

This is the biggest jetstream PERFORMANCE option you can get.

Now I have a large and medium size Axio bag. You better get them, or at least one, while they are still around: there's nothing else close on the market now, before, and maybe never will be (for some unknown reason, other than the 'Man' does not like motorcycles riding stable and vibration free at high speeds.)

The Axio Forza (bottom bag below) is sold in Europe ebay for about the same price as I got a new used one here. It's a medium size bag not sold in US originally, and is actually better quality than the slightly larger and more expensive Axio Swift 2.0, top bag below.

The biggest and best hardpack made, the Axio Swift 2.0 - the top bag below, is here and there but edging higher in price. I still have one after 8 years of bicycle sweat in FL, and 2 zipper lives, so I'm getting a new one before they all disappear (and mine needs at least $80 shoe-shop repairs --> bicycling with heavy text books in 90 degree humid weather in the FL Sun is Hell)!

The Swift 2.0's available now usually have Commercial Name brand marketing on them (or they were hacked up by a creative genius Harley owner :-) The interesting thing about the Yamaha bag is Axio First worked with Yamaha to determine the 155 mph max stable limits of the Axio bag. I was planning to put red reflective 3m tape strips crossed around the top center protrusion on the back: I hope no one tries to take it away because it resembles a(n inverse) rebel flag!

Ride Jetstream to Live Well and Prosper!

Last edited by kawdog; 07-12-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 01:08 PM

If they're anything like the Axio tail pack on my Versus they must be great. In my opinion, first class products.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
If they're anything like the Axio tail pack on my Versus they must be great. In my opinion, first class products.
Could you show a pic please?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Could you show a pic please?
Glad to oblige. The problem is that they're very hard to come by and that's a shame because it's a first class "hard top" tail pack.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Nice! Aerodynamic engineered products on a Vs. 650. I always thought the red ones looked like a Ducati: but better. You have a sweet ride and all the pieces fit like an oem luxury version: LTX (?) Everything looks perfect molded around your nice seat.

Thanks. I knew you would have an aerodynamic masterpiece, so I wanted to see what was supporting the Axio tailbag. And I am certainly not disappointed!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Glad to oblige. [/URL]
Glad you did. When I saw it, I thought it was a backpack and moved right along as I'm not much for the whole turtle thing. Pretty nice piece of kit to unload your pockets into. Shame they are going away.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Here is a lightly used one on fleabay,

not sure it's apples to apples or not, or if its a good price for someone considering one, maybe someone is interested if the price is fair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axio-Swift-H...622b91&vxp=mtr
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable_rider View Post
Here is a lightly used one on fleabay,

not sure it's apples to apples or not, or if its a good price for someone considering one, maybe someone is interested if the price is fair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axio-Swift-H...622b91&vxp=mtr
Yeah, it must be a Harley Swift 2.0 since I've never seen a flat black one, but it looks great inside. Except the cut up neck straps is an unknown in fabric integrity AND in aerodynamics (!) The owner ruins it's value and then never uses it, lol. I think that gap he created would trap wind between the pack and the rider's back: but that is speculation and I'm not going to buy it to prove it.

Just wait, but the aerodynamics above 85mph is DEFINITELY worth it: smooth as silk! The slightly smaller one can be had on Euro ebay, and it is a superior made one too. I'll always use the smaller one if possible, but at least I have 2 sizes to choose from now (and both will hold my superthin MSI Ghost Pro 15.6" laptop AND extra 15.6 thin usb monitor.)

Now I need to figure out how to load a rolled pack between my seat and my Seahorse trunk that is a consistent surface (??) for gym clothes, etc... Or maybe in the shape of a sloped spoiler would be worth experimenting with. But loose fabric is NOT aerodynamic I know now.

But when you put an Axio on when you ride on the expressway, WOW, what a difference: you feel like racing smooth technology lane splitting even with other vehicle turbulences around you If you are lane splitting or riding expressways, this is one of the top 3 options you can get for Safety!
OKJohn likes this.

Last edited by kawdog; 07-13-2015 at 12:57 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 11:22 AM

Bumping a really old thread here, but if you're lucky you can find the Kawasaki version (I bought it years ago) http://www.acelerada.com.br/wp-conte...ag_Monster.jpg
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadsbaby View Post
Bumping a really old thread here, but if you're lucky you can find the Kawasaki version (I bought it years ago) http://www.acelerada.com.br/wp-conte...ag_Monster.jpg

Cool! Kawasaki merchandise or clothing is hard to find, and that looks highly visible to traffic too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode