If there were any lingering doubts... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If there were any lingering doubts...

OK....so I spent the better half of today tuning up my 2013 for up for my upcoming excursion to the Sierra Nevadas (more info on my upcoming trip can be found here). Completed the following maintenance tasks/mods: changed oil and filter, changed plugs, synced the throttle bodies, adjusted and lubed chain, removed evap canister (CA model) and re-routed vacuum hoses to the throttle bodies (also known as the "vacuum hose mod" here on the forum). Incredibly the bike has never felt better - totally smoothed out the throttle response, no more low rpm jerkiness, very responsive power delivery. I can go on and on about how much better the bike is performing now. I was shocked after test riding. Sure enough, the bike is a dream now (significantly more then it was prior to the maintenance). I will not be surprised if I see an increase in mpg's as well (TBD). If any of you had any doubts about the impact that these steps can have on the overall performance of the bike (like I did), it's time you put them to rest and just do it (Search the forum for "TB sync", "vac hose mod", "removing evap canister", "changing plugs", etc.). And of course a special shout out to Invader who, not surprisingly, appears multiple times on each of these threads offering his invaluable V wisdom and technical insight to the tasks describe. Thank you again Invader!

-M

Binderline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by binderline; 07-11-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 12:17 AM

Garage
+1 One of the best mods I have done as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 AM
ggg

Were the TB out my much?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 05:36 AM

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Not way out, but enough to need correction. The right side was up a bit over the left. I was surprised to find that the case given that my bike only has 6500 miles on it.

Binderline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode