Help with my bung (Power Commander V)! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Help with my bung (Power Commander V)!

Any one weld a bung onto their factory header for the auto tune? The bung that comes with the auto tune is mild steel Going to have to find a stainless one. I'm guessing is should be easy to fing one as most aftermarket headers are stainless but thought I'd ask arround about what others have done before I get started. I want to keep the factory header with the crossover for now. Where did you pick up a stainless bung and exactly where you welded it in? Any problems with it? Never hurts to check with others especially if I'm going to drill a big hole in my collector. I'm getting itchy (to put it on)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Have the bung welded horizontally on the left near beginning of collector.

http://boostcontroller.com/index.php...26category=104

http://performance.importrp.com/vibr...a/i-36840.aspx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stain...Race_Car_Parts

Last edited by invader; 08-06-2010 at 10:39 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 12:11 PM

My Arrow slip on cost about $240 and already had a bung and you get the added advantage of dropping like 10 pounds of weight.
After the effort and expense of adding a bung to the stocker, that might be an option worth thinking about.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Bung

I got an aftermarket muffler (used Jardine GP1) but it doesn't have the bung. Like your saying most of the weight of the factory system is due to catalyst and noise restrictions in the muffler. The factory header is thin wall stainless pipe but has a steel crossover (??) and the fabed up collector where the pipes come together is steel too. Not too heavy for a factory peice. I wanted to keep the crossover for now. I know on the ZX7R's it makes a big difference in the midrange. I think no crossover is good for high RPM though. You couldn't beat the old super heavy steel factory headers on the 7's because of it. Cost a ton to get a good aftermarket (I got a Muzzy race) that had crossovers and then all you ended up with was the weight loss no more power.

I ended up welding the bung to the inlet side of the muffler instead of on the header like I was going to at first. Should have it back together today.

I'd like to try an arrow header or Leo Vince some time thought to compare. There is some crazy looking Japanese system that has a resonating chamber on it (can't remember the name) that is supposed to be really good but I think they may have quit making them and they were REALLY expensive.

Last edited by juliozx7r; 05-16-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode