Thanks Mike.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Mike....

After making contact with Mike he made sure I had my GT Grand Touring shield for my trip in the morning... installed today with Madstad brackets.. making my Versys Tourer complete for this 4K trip...

2002 BMW R1150RT Titan Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM

I had a similar experience. Good service, good product and a good guy to deal with.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 10:06 PM

hey, ditto here. He went through sme extra work for me last year to get me my shield in time for a trip as well. And hey Mike, a year later and your shield is still doing awesome!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 04:58 AM

Some microsuede you can clean with a steam cleaner or spot clean.
You will need to do a test on the fabric to see if you can clean it. Be careful with what product you uses (neutral PH carpet cleaning solution is good)

First you will need to do is a test. To do the test spray the cleaner, using the back edge of the cushion spray a spot about the size of a quarter and wipe it with a white towel and let it dry on it’s own.
If you get colour transfer onto the towel it is not safe to clean.
If there is no change in colour and no watermark then it is safe to clean or spot clean.
If there is a watermark but no colour change it is safe to clean only thing is you will need to clean the whole thing.( to stop watermarks) you can not spot clean.

If you decide to clean it DO NOT do a lot of scrubbing on the fabric because you can damage the hair that is on the fabric.
If you decide to spot clean only you can use a hair dryer to speed up the drying (less chance of leaving a watermark).
If you clean the whole sofa you are probably best to set up a fan to help dry the sofa.
Hope this helps
Carpet cleaner for 14 years

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 05:24 PM

How is the freeway buffetting with new screen?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
How is the freeway buffetting with new screen?
Just finished a 2800+ trip..lot of freeway.. I can live with it but wish it had more protection.. full force air hit me about the armpit.. plenty of air on the chest..not a bad thing in hot weather... my helmet was fairly stable but had lots of noise from side air.. I haven't got the best helmet and ear plugs I had weren't too good.. I will be looking for another shield to use during the winter..

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 PM

f00k that thing is huge!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 AM

I have the Madstat brackets and the MRA Vario screen for a V-Strom, so it is a bit bigger than the Versys screen. The issue I find, even with the adjustable brackets is that a lot of wind is coming from under the screen and from the sides. Any screen I have found is just not wide enough due to the design of the Versys, so a lot of wind comes around the screen which causes most of the noise. Since the Madstat brackets move the screen outward to allow for adjustment, you get a ton of air from under the screen too, I haven't found a fix for these issues yet.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamie View Post
I can live with it but wish it had more protection.. full force air hit me about the armpit.. plenty of air on the chest
That doesn't sound very promising. I have one on order but am wondering if it is worth it now. How tall are you?

This is the GT version?

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
That doesn't sound very promising. I have one on order but am wondering if it is worth it now. How tall are you?

This is the GT version?
I'm probably just too picky.. have been riding bikes with very big screens that had a big quiet still pocket and realize now that it's not going to happen on the Versys.. but I'm 5' 11" with 30" inseam.. I was running interstate 80-85 range when I was wanting more protection.. even at that speed I could run with my shield up on my full face helmet...I just need better ear plugs..been use to not wearing any... hope I didn't stop anyone from getting Mike's shield. I'm not going to keep trying others.. it's a keeper... and yes it is the GT with Madstad brackets...

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:51 PM

Well I'm 6' but all legs so I probalby sit a little lower. Couldn't decide if I wanted to wait for the test shield or just buy one. I'll have my own shortly to see if I guessed right.

I've never had a bike with a shield at all so it really can't be worse than stock.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode