new pipe! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
new pipe!

So after reading a couple threads I'm hesitant to post, sorry if it's redundant but...I'm about to try to put on my new yoshimura TRC-D slip-on on. I have no experience doing this sort of thing so I thought I might ask you guys for a bit of advice. I'm not worried about putting it on really, just wondering if there is anything I should know beforehand. Do I need it tuned Before I start it to hear it? Any no-no's? can I do it on the kickstand on my floor without a huge mess? Things like that, I appreciate the help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

So excited that I forgot to add the picture lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapchat-2656720991063568299_1425506577593.jpg (44.5 KB, 144 views)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Very simple install.Make sure to loosen up the headers it will make your day go better. Leave everything loose until fitted properly.Just don't lose any stock parts you won't need for the Yosi. They are a little pricey(Don't ask me how i know) You can do it just on the kickstand but an rear lift would be better.

IMG_0766 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, just the kind of reassurance I was looking for
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake View Post
Thank you, just the kind of reassurance I was looking for

Anytime,

Some guys had issues with the rear tire being in the way. No need to take off the tire, .Thats why i said to loosen the headers. I took my headers off and attached the exhaust to them then aligned everything went on super easy that way.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:21 PM

Nice can.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Very simple install.Make sure to loosen up the headers it will make your day go better. Leave everything loose until fitted properly.Just don't lose any stock parts you won't need for the Yosi. They are a little pricey(Don't ask me how i know) You can do it just on the kickstand but an rear lift would be better.

IMG_0766 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Hey Joseph

Is that a cat right below the rear brake, in that bulge section of the pipe that is chromed up ?

LOP
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Hey Joseph

Is that a cat right below the rear brake, in that bulge section of the pipe that is chromed up ?

LOP

Nope no cat. That just where the header slips into the pipe..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Versys View Post
Nice can.
Yes Indeed....
544583_10200358780186629_1405519864_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Haha, figured might as well go big. Is repacking something I could do myself? Or do you normally have it done for you?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've never had to repack a can. Maybe I should have, but I don't think you'll have to do it anytime soon. I think it requires riveting the cover back on. My gixxer exhaust is 7 years old and I'm not seeing a need to repack...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake View Post
Haha, figured might as well go big. Is repacking something I could do myself? Or do you normally have it done for you?

I had mine on the bike 4 years and 20,000 miles didn't need to re-pack but you can have it done at Cycle Gear i have heard.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Got it on and good to go after an hour and a half, minor setbacks reading the instructions, but fairly simple. Absolutely love it, and now I want more! Video does little justice, also its in my basement so sound could be better lol http://youtu.be/eNKVI2nCctA
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 10:50 AM

Garage
Nicely Done!!! Looks great. Enjoy and ride safe!

Binderline
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Thank you! I live in Wisconsin, been a long winter, next weekend is supposed to be 42F might have to take a little ride during the heat wave!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode