Progressive 1" lower shock - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Progressive 1" lower shock

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...5-series-shock

Progressives were great cheap shocks on Honda 750 Nighthawk, and I was wondering if anyone used them on a Vs. 650. They also have a 1" lower shock (and fork springs too) which would be good for mounting the motorcycle, but bad on the knees for riding!!

I think it's better to leave heights all stock if possible. Maybe taller heels are the answer I park near a curb when possible for easy mount, kicking over my Kawasaki rear seat bag: an extra 8" high of kick - kung fu fighting!

465 series shock starts at $496.95 from Progressive (probably cheaper on ebay)
- High Pressure Gas Monotube
- 5 position rebound adjuster - Tune for changing conditions & riding styles
- Threaded body allows for fine adjustments in sag
- Aluminum Body & Components
- Hard anodized finish

Last edited by kawdog; 01-25-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 01:14 PM

The lowered suspension will NOT decrease leg room at all. Only the overall stance of the bike. After all, go look at you bike and you'll see, the shock mount between the frame and swingarm NOT seat and pegs.

So in this case you CAN have your cake and eat it too!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
The lowered suspension will NOT decrease leg room at all. Only the overall stance of the bike. After all, go look at you bike and you'll see, the shock mount between the frame and swingarm NOT seat and pegs.

So in this case you CAN have your cake and eat it too!
That's right, the shock is horizontal and not vertical. It's my first monoshock bike, so I haven't even looked at it good yet. I'll email Progressive up and ask what the trade-offs are. They are pretty good about responding to questions.

I'd like to see an animated simulation of the versions working with explanations, but Progressive has a poor web site to begin with so animation is years away. But they sell great products at half the price for the quality level offered. My stock shock is doing great so far though, but i just want to do my research now. In fact, I can't believe how well my stock shocks front and rear are doing. New technology on both ends for me. I would have never believed it without riding on it!

Thanks

Last edited by kawdog; 01-25-2015 at 03:02 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welll...first things first. When you lower the suspension whether by installing a lowering link, different shock, or spring; you're not changing the seat geometry only suspension.
It's my feeling that the lowering link would have an effect on the spring & valve rates.

It's just my opinion but I feel the expensive way is the route to go....depending on where you want to split hairs and general requirements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode