A Blast with the Pirelli MT60s Corsa - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A Blast with the Pirelli MT60s Corsa

Had a quick blast with the Pirelli MT60 with a few trail roads, swapping between tarmac surfaces, shale and a little clay. I was previously impressed when I travelled Khai Krajom mountain coming down how easy it was to control with plenty of bite and no slippage. I made it much easier when standing on the pegs on some slow down-hill sections.

I decided to do another run as I needed a ride and a break so I left at 4:30 am with the aim to have a blast around Ratchaburi (Thailand), spending the afternoon, leaving me enough time to get home for my daughter. It was bloody freezing for Thailand, especially in the morning, and with no coffee shops open I sat and waited for the sun to break before riding on.
But as for the Pirelli I am really impressed with how much grip they have on tarmac, much beter than the standard Dunlops and no noticeable difference from the previous Scorpions I had for the type of riding I do. However, they really shine through on gravel and loose dirt, powering the bike forward and never feeling like they would let go.

So far I’ve done about 1500+ Km on them and with no really visible signs of wear, which is comment often made with these tires. Having said that, I can’t see them maintaining a high performance for too long when you see how shallow the nubs are. Would I buy another set? Probably not as for 12,500bht (255 quid) they is another tire which a few have compared and preferred at a fraction of the cost offering slight better off road performance, the V-Rubber VRM163 at only 4000bht (82 quid) which has slightly bigger nubs. The front fender might need raising with this option though.

Bung up quick!

Last edited by BKKPhil; 01-26-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 10:40 AM

Cool looking tire, I wasn't aware they came sized for the V. Nice pics too!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
Cool looking tire, I wasn't aware they came sized for the V. Nice pics too!
Yes, there is also the V-Rubber VRM163 which is much cheaper and better according to some.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 10:04 AM

The MT-60s Corsa are intended for super motards, therefore they are stupid soft and won't last very long on the Versys. It's basically a single compound Diablo Super Corsa in motard sizes with a thread pattern that makes them suitable for dirt.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 11:03 AM

What sizes would you run in the V-Rubber VRM163. I am only seeing a 21 or 19 front
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
After checking (only) the BikeBandit for them: 130/80x17 rear on the F, and, I guess, a 140/80x17 rear on the R.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode