Who has aux brake lights? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Who has aux brake lights?

I know that some of you have extra brake lights on your side cases, but who has an extra brake light on the bike?

Pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Admore Light Bar...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Admore Light Bar...

Holy $hit that's a monster !

Is it only brake light, or also running light?

Dimensions?

Did you mount that on a plate in conjunction with the license plate?

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:26 PM

Garage
Brake light, Running Lights, Turn signals and Brake Modulator all in one.. Heres the one i have...http://admorelighting.com/store/inde...product_id=183 They have a smaller one also...http://admorelighting.com/store/inde...product_id=171 You can get them with a smoked lens too.

Heres the one on the FJR.

First Photo Shows light bar mount attached at the top holes of the license plate. Have the nuts to the front to install.

These next photos show how you can adjust the light bar to not block the license plate light.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:29 PM

Garage
Versys... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMxj3DEMVbQ

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-18-2014 at 08:54 PM.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Well that works out perfectly because I'll also be adding one to my FJR.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 09:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
Well that works out perfectly because I'll also be adding one to my FJR.
For the FJR they make a wiring harness which makes install easy peasy.Plugs into the stock harness. I have my light bar and top case light kit hooked to the harness..https://flic.kr/s/aHsk2JcyyT

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Brake light, Running Lights, Turn signals and Brake Modulator all in one.. Heres the one i have...http://admorelighting.com/store/inde...product_id=183
That looks like a really nice light! Will have to consider it. Thanks.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 08:32 AM

Here is what I came up with. The top row is running lights, the middle row is brake lights, and the bottom row is turn signals. They are mounted to a piece of plexiglass I had laying around which is mounted to the back of the license plate. It didn't save me money over the other options, but I like to be able to replace a light if one burns out or breaks.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
For the FJR they make a wiring harness which makes install easy peasy.Plugs into the stock harness. I have my light bar and top case light kit hooked to the harness..https://flic.kr/s/aHsk2JcyyT
HA ! I found your thread on the FJR Owners forum

http://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-f...light-bar.html

Great info. Thanks
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Here's a pic of my BC V. I'll be doing even MORE to my AZ one, and, I'll post pics.

Promise...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

BUS tail lights !

But, don't you ever ride that thing with the side cases removed?
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have the admorelighting LEDs in the V35s. They are run, turn, and brake.

I also have skenedesign LED lights on both sides of the license plate. Super bright and great controller. On the Versys they are run and brake. On the Concours I have run, turn, brake.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
BUS tail lights !

But, don't you ever ride that thing with the side cases removed?
IF (when) I do, all the stock stuff is STILL there, and hooked up.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 03:10 AM

The two red round side reflectors towards the back of the bike (on a gen2) are now side marker LED brake lights. The main brake light is on a modulator and the bottom rear fender has a 1x3 rectangle side marker type LED that is connected to the brake light (non modulated).
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

I just finished the install of my TUSK panniers onto BIG RED, then added the SAME 7", 31 diode LED lights as on the GREEN HORNET, my Canuck V, THIS time as tail-lights/ brake lights, PLUS added an amber rectangular LED light as turn sigs. Here's a pic of them ALL lit up at the same time (and I apologize for the 'blurry' pic.......)

I know they will NOT be the choice for some, but at least the "Cagers" can't say they don't see me!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Al pannier lights.jpg (51.4 KB, 430 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 04:51 PM

Garage
There may be some UFO sightings in AZ this winter.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have the Admore kit on the Givi bags, but since I take the bags off about half the time, I was interested in getting a set of the small Admore bars and fab something to attach them to both sides of the monokey frame. Does anyone know if these have the same connection fitting that is used for the bag wiring hook up. I'm talking about the small round connector that is wired to the running, brake and turn wiring at the rear of the V that screws into the female fitting that has been attached to bag. I hate to have another set of wires hanging out and junking up the tail section.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
There may be some UFO sightings in AZ this winter.
I'm hip !
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 08:36 PM

warp drive nacelles???
I need more power!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode