Windshield Vibration -- GoPro Stabilization - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Windshield Vibration -- GoPro Stabilization

Testing out my new GoPro. I mounted it in front of the windshield, looking back at me. One well-paved roads the stability is acceptable. When on side streets and neighborhood roads, stopped at a light, or upping the torque, vibrations really make the camera shake -- because the windshield/deflector is vibrating.

Any potential ideas on how to stabilize the windshield and keep it from vibrating, or at least from vibrating too much?

My only potential idea is purchasing 4 rubber-esc washers and inserting them between the windshield and where it mounts to the bike. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 03:38 PM

Garage
Remove the go pro
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
What year bike do you have???

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 03:45 PM

Garage
This will work on a Gen-1

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Remove the go pro

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Remove the windshield and the front faring structure will vibrate less.

The wind pressure on my large windshield flexes my 2012 Mk2 a bit and also the weight makes it shake +-5mm. When it was just the stock Tall Screen it vibrated A LOT less.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. It's a 2013 Versys. Not removing the GoPro; in fact, I'll be purchasing a second as I prepare the bike for an upcoming, month-long road trip to be documented.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 08:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg1 View Post
Thanks. It's a 2013 Versys. Not removing the GoPro; in fact, I'll be purchasing a second as I prepare the bike for an upcoming, month-long road trip to be documented.

Check out post #4 ......http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=camera+mounts View..http://youtu.be/_NzTWnQ_u5o?t=1m51s

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-25-2014 at 11:06 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
get rid of the crappy gopro and get a drift
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I mounted it in front of the windshield, looking back at me.
Why would you need to see yourself riding? Mount a mirror, it's cheaper than a camera.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 09:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Why would you need to see yourself riding? Mount a mirror, it's cheaper than a camera.
i do the same thing some times, its nice to see how your setting is and riding position
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 09:39 AM

I could be wrong but aren't the windshields already mounted with rubbery bushings? Either way I would say mount it to something more stable than the wind screen.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 01:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post

I have mounts in several different places. Sometimes you like to change things up..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYct...SSyPVjUdRIRZdQ

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
I have 2012. I put a go-rpo either on the front headlight in daytime (sounds crazy but very stable) or on my helmet for my point of view.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
get rid of the crappy gopro and get a drift
Lol, the worst advice.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 03:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattydiah View Post
Lol, the worst advice.

Have to disagree with you..Had a GoPro hated it. I have 2 Drift Stealth HD170 for back-up and 2 Drift Ghost for my main cameras. Never any issues with the Drifts.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 04:18 PM

I mean, the market pretty much speaks for my opinion, but I'll bite, why did you hate your gopro?
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 04:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattydiah View Post
I mean, the market pretty much speaks for my opinion, but I'll bite, why did you hate your gopro?

The world is full of sheep that will follow anything. The Drifts are so much more user friendly. You don't have to buy a pile of accessories to be able to use it. the list goes on.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 12:06 AM

if thats the point of view you're after just use a chest mount, the rider tends to me the most vibration free thing on any bike
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 05:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The world is full of sheep that will follow anything. The Drifts are so much more user friendly. You don't have to buy a pile of accessories to be able to use it. the list goes on.
+1
battery last longer, you dont have to hook it up to a pc to see if your lens is lined up right, drift has a rotating lens, gopro is like a sail when helmet mounted , drift is slimmer, gopro corrupted 60% of its files.
and the two biggest thing of all that sold me to drift and made me burn my gopro (yes burn.. i set that POS on FIRE!!!) and switch to drift
#1 price.. drift was about 20-30% less
and #2 (the biggest one) CUSTOMER SERVICE!
got my GP(new) and charger was shot, called CS over and over for about 2 weeks as well as email and nothing. then a week later i get a link to were i can buy a new one at full price, and also no help at all about corrupt files....
got my drift (used) and broke one of the tabs from the quick release mount (still worked fine) but i emailed drift and next morning there was an email back from them, and they sent me a new mount for just the price of shipping......
to me that really makes a difference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode