1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaverickAus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
alarm system install

well my alarm finally showed up yesterday so i went out and installed it, AND i remembered to slow down and take pics this time....

first off TOOLS!!!!
4mm allon , Phillips screw driver, dikes, wire strippers, crimps, lighter, and bev or smoke of your choice. (some peaces of cardboard and a marker is a good help too)

step one. get all your tools and parts laid out and bike set up were you have good working room around it and it wont fall over on you to easy.
[IMG][/IMG]

step B open bev or load bowl and get ready to work

step two. remove seat,
[IMG][/IMG]
and side plastics (if your using same mounting location i used)
[IMG][/IMG](this peace is held on with one screw and a few pinch clip points ,remove back to front and install front to back to avoid bending and braking) mine took a lil persuasion to get off (the cardboard is good for putting your bolts into so you can keep track of were the go if your OCD like me

step three. now that you got room to work, plan out a place for the brain were it is on a good solid place so any shock/ movement of the bike will transfer to it (i chose the gas tank on the versys)
[IMG][/IMG]
make sure to test that your plastics will fit back into place BE-FOR permanently mounting the unit!

step four. install the brain!
[IMG][/IMG]

step five. run your wiring (make sure to use wrap , insulation , or at-least tape were wires might rub!) a short is never fun!!!!
i also added an inline fuse to mine for easier access bc the units fuse is inside the brain and impossible to get to with out tearing it all apart.
[IMG][/IMG]
also make sure you secure all your wires down and tuck them as much as you can for a nice clean look

step six. find a good place for your speaker and mount and hook it up (didnt get a pic) i placed mine also on the gas tank.

step sleven. put all your plastics back on wipe it clean and enjoy
[IMG][/IMG]
have fun pulling up to a friends or the store and hopping off and clicking your key fob and "beep beep" your bike is armed, someone bumps it or anything like that and a loud alarm blares i dont even worry about locking my steering when running into the store anymore even here in portland

Last edited by silviefox; 09-20-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
...i dont even worry about locking my steering when running into the store anymore even here in portland
There's a GOOD idea for why to lock your steering - IF your V falls over, the bars being locked will reduce the damage.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
There's a GOOD idea for why to lock your steering - IF your V falls over, the bars being locked will reduce the damage.

oh its only when i hop down to my local market and i park with the bike next to a wall so it really has nowere to fall (atk took a almost spill in same place and didnt fall, but 99% time i do lock it

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Who would want to steal a Versys...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
the same kinda assholes that bust out your window for the change in the ashtray
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Believe it or not the ashtray is making a comeback. New statistics say smoking is on the rise, especially amongst teens and of course the assholes who may be thinking about stealing your Versys. Nice install and pics!

Last edited by rydbayb; 09-22-2014 at 03:56 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
A thief with any taste
silviefox likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 06:18 AM

Garage
I would get more from the insurance company than I could sell any of my bikes for. I don't lock the steering because the cover fits better with the bars straight. Sure, I would hate that one of my trips got interrupted, but that is part of the adventure of motorcycle touring.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Garage
Jesus Fellas....I also had an alarm on my Versys..I had more farkles on it than the bike was worth....The FJR no alarm and i leave covered up next to the curb in front of the house. If they want to steal that heavy beast they are more than welcome..

IMG_0113 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydbayb View Post
Believe it or not the ashtray is making a comeback. New statistics say smoking is on the rise, especially amongst teens and of course the assholes who may be thinking about stealing your Versys. Nice install and pics!
thanks
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Jesus Fellas....I also had an alarm on my Versys..I had more farkles on it than the bike was worth....The FJR no alarm and i leave covered up next to the curb in front of the house. If they want to steal that heavy beast they are more than welcome..

IMG_0113 by weljo2001, on Flickr
an alarm is a good thing to have if you ask me... mine are really cheap (under $50 usd) no invasive (no immobilizers) but ridiculously loud and sensitive, and its nice for when doing my "outing" tho the squeals seem to like to set it off all the damn time if i park it under the acorn tree in my back yard xD.also insurance dropped $35 a year for having it so it will pay for its self in less then 2 years :X

how did yours work out for ya? any hick-ups on install, or problems down the road?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
an alarm is a good thing to have if you ask me... mine are really cheap (under $50 usd) no invasive (no immobilizers) but ridiculously loud and sensitive, and its nice for when doing my "outing" tho the squeals seem to like to set it off all the damn time if i park it under the acorn tree in my back yard xD.also insurance dropped $35 a year for having it so it will pay for its self in less then 2 years :X

how did yours work out for ya? any hick-ups on install, or problems down the road?

Worked great it would alarm itself once you got so many feet away and it would un-arm itself also when you walked up on it, so you could leave the key fob in your pocket. Had tons of features. I had it installed at the dealership with a bunch of other stuff. I never had any issues with it in 4 years left it on the bike when i sold it. Riders Discount has the same alarm featured in their thread.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Worked great it would alarm itself once you got so many feet away and it would un-arm itself also when you walked up on it, so you could leave the key fob in your pocket. Had tons of features. I had it installed at the dealership with a bunch of other stuff. I never had any issues with it in 4 years left it on the bike when i sold it. Riders Discount has the same alarm featured in their thread.
oh fancy mine isnt that nice you have to push a button to arm and one to disarm it lol
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
A thief with any taste

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alarm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode