Windshields (AGAIN) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Windshields (AGAIN)

OK, so I'm 5'10, 200 pounds, 29" inseam, 34" sleeve.

The OEM windshield doesn't do much for me, except make my riding experience LOUD

After reading countless windshield threads here, I installed a GIVI 410ST. It was $104 at one of the online vendors.

I initially figured that it wouldn't do much, as it's rather narrow. A quick ride around the block showed an immediate improvement.

Then there was this noise. WTF?
Oh, that sounds like the engine......
You can actually hear the cam chains and other whirring bits.

The ride is much more pleasant now. This windshield reduced the wind noise by about 60% and gave better coverage for those Kamikaze June bugs.
So yes, would recommend to a friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for posting this.

I had such a terrible experience with it that I felt putting mine up for sale would be unfair to the buyer. Knowing that it works for some, I'll try to sell it now!

To me, it felt like a very tiny midget was punching me in the head with the 410. Head hurt after 6 hours of riding. Neck sore from turbulence. Bike felt less willing to turn. Tried both high and low setting.

Stock windscreen doesn't do much good or bad for me, I ride with or without it.

I miss my old ex500's wind tunnel with the tiny sport stock windscreen. I could easily carry bluetooth conversations over 60-70mph. Not sure if all sportbikes are the same.

I'm an inch shorter, and way shorter in the arms.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abandonliberty View Post
Thank you for posting this.

I had such a terrible experience with it that I felt putting mine up for sale would be unfair to the buyer. Knowing that it works for some, I'll try to sell it now!

To me, it felt like a very tiny midget was punching me in the head with the 410. Head hurt after 6 hours of riding. Neck sore from turbulence. Bike felt less willing to turn. Tried both high and low setting.

Stock windscreen doesn't do much good or bad for me, I ride with or without it.

I miss my old ex500's wind tunnel with the tiny sport stock windscreen. I could easily carry bluetooth conversations over 60-70mph. Not sure if all sportbikes are the same.

I'm an inch shorter, and way shorter in the arms.
I have an FJR1300 and it has an electric-adjustable windscreen via a button on the handlebars. It's amazing what one can learn from that.

In your case, I suspect that you're leaning (more) forward than me, and maybe caught in the turbulent air that is coming around the edges of the windscreen.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
I have an FJR1300 and it has an electric-adjustable windscreen via a button on the handlebars. It's amazing what one can learn from that.

In your case, I suspect that you're leaning (more) forward than me, and maybe caught in the turbulent air that is coming around the edges of the windscreen.
Sounds reasonable, it was definitely turbulent air. Damn, I hoped short arms only caused problems with rock climbing and long sleeve shirts! Not much to do about it.

I'm trying a parabellum next. Will post results. Wonder whether I'll have to alter the bike or the rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode