Another Dang Exhaust Thread... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Another Dang Exhaust Thread...

Hello from Del Rio, TX. I am an avid V rider in the market for a good exhaust slip-on. Im not looking for the loud obnoxious crotch-rocket sound but more to make the V sound a little less like my mother sewing machine. I have looked at and read just about every single thread on the forum about the Two Brothers, Yoshi, Akro, and Arrow but I want some more personal opinions. You guys are more well-versed in the art of farkling than I am so i would appreciate your opinion. So help this Flyboy out!

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
have you tried searching?

I have a Leo Vince SBK Underbody model 8242.

it does not have that 'crotch-rocket' sticking out the side like the others :P
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I have searched and read every thread on here about exhaust systems. I am just looking to revive an old topic to weigh my options. I have looked at the LEO but it seems dang expensive. What makes it better than a Two Brothers or Yoshi?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
LV is Cheaper than Akropovic

Someone here will tell you to go Delkevic.
Someone else will tell you to go Danmoto

Last edited by Gigitt; 05-25-2014 at 10:53 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
True story...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I like the Scorpion Exhaust....

But heres my yoshi.... without the DB Killer...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGf6...gIWHgRiGvLol6t .... with the DB Killer in...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4T8fbxYE

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I like the Scorpion Exhaust....

But heres my yoshi.... without the DB Killer...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGf6...gIWHgRiGvLol6t .... with the DB Killer in...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4T8fbxYE

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr
This is the kind of advise I need. Thanks brother.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post

Someone here will tell you to go Delkevic.
Someone else will tell you to go Danmoto

Delkevic on my FJR....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I bought the LV for a couple of reasons:
Underbody, small, sounds great with db killer in, sounds like GP screamer without.
It is also EU certified for Road use where as most other are only for Off road and race use only. Whether this means anything in Australia or in the States who knows but is an indication that the sound is not too obnoxious.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I can tell you that the Two Brothers slip-on, even with the DB killer in place, is loud. As in really loud. It does sound good, but after a few hours with that roar in your ears, it can get tiring - as in really tiring, at least for my rather senior ears.

When I bought my 2008 it had the Two Brothers installed and, after a few weeks of playing boy racer, I swapped it for the stock muffler that also came with the bike. I haven't regretted the decision at all, even though it might sound like a sewing machine, as people seem to believe. Nice sewing machine!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Lots of good options out there. Sometimes, it comes down to personal preference on what you like the look and/or sound of.

I have the Leo Vince SBK underbody. I liked it because it tucks underneath like the stock exhaust (which I liked the look of). I had no issues installing an SW motech skid plate. Not sure if other exhausts would interfere, but that's a consideration if you want a skid plate. I have the db killer in, and it's not loud at all. Just changed it to a nice, deeper sound. I didn't want a loud exhaust.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I agree w/ Arion - I LIKE the sound a stock V makes...!

Being as how I'm against the "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" bull-droppings, I'd be a hypocrite if I made my Vs loud.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Roger that guys! Thanks for the input. I do like the sound of the Two Brothers but I also like to do 200+ miles in a day and I dont think I would enjoy hearing the pipe the whole time. The LeoVince looks great but its expensive so I will have to look around for the best deal.

Once again, thanks a bunch guys. Right now it seems like the LeoVince is exactly what the doctor ordered. Keep the rubber down.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I agree w/ Arion - I LIKE the sound a stock V makes...!

Being as how I'm against the "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" bull-droppings, I'd be a hypocrite if I made my Vs loud.
Yep. I tend to feel that loud pipes make people who prefer four wheels believe we're all a bunch of bearded (damn, that's me), head rag and leather vest wearing "outlaw" bikers (not me). Excessively loud doesn't do much for any sort of motorized activity, IMHO, no matter how many wheels are involved. Or for that matter wings or hulls. We seem to have enough pollution to cope with daily so why add more? Having said that, the Two Brothers did make a grand noise. I just didn't want to live with it hour after hour. Personal choice - isn't it grand?

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 11:39 AM

Garage
Tbr

I just bought a two brothers (with insert) from a guy on here and I've had it on for a week or two now. It's great! It is loud though whenever you roll on the gas. When coasting or even cruising at highway speeds it isn't bad.

I pulled into a friend's driveway and his wife said "Is that a helicopter??"

Conclusion: Sounds like you'd want something a little quieter...

Luck favors the prepared.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockheed562 View Post
Roger that guys! Thanks for the input. I do like the sound of the Two Brothers but I also like to do 200+ miles in a day and I dont think I would enjoy hearing the pipe the whole time. The LeoVince looks great but its expensive so I will have to look around for the best deal.

Once again, thanks a bunch guys. Right now it seems like the LeoVince is exactly what the doctor ordered. Keep the rubber down.
I used to get a call from a friend, a GM dealer who kept TWO Harleys on the "books" so that he could ride free, asking if I was free for a ride (at that time I had ONLY a CanAm Qualifier 400 dirt bike) w/ him on the Harleys.

One was the model w/ handle-bar fairing and bags, the other a "Softail Custom" (I think...) w/ aftermarket pipes that ended about straight below my ears. The ONLY way I could ride that one was to lean forward and TRY to get my ears ahead of the noise. The other H-D was fine, tho'.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 PM

I've resisted getting a can for my Versys, which is about the one thing it doesn't have. I think the Yosh looks the best but only the Akropovic includes a catalytic converter. The bike was designed to run with an O2 sensor and a cat, and why not do your part to help the earth? But the Akro is $500 and doesn't look as nice as the Yosh. So I've stayed with the stocker. I wear earplugs always anyway so sound [I]per se[I] is not that important to me. A new exhaust would sound nice on warm-up but that's it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode