Bolt on mods so far - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
FJS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Bolt on mods so far

I started out on the venture to give the V a little more performance, added a Muzzy and found it to be too loud on long rides. Went ahead and ordered an Arrow muffler because I saw that I could take the baffle out or leave it in to me like. Worked well and then I added a BMC airfilter, got a little better; last Sunday on a medium ride she gave me 84 kms/gl. (52.17 mi/gl) with half modest speed and other half at around 140-155 km/hr. Pretty good so far.

This week I got the Arrow head pipes in (headers) and installed them, WOW Seems like the V liked the combination of the Arrow full system with the airfilter, she pulls strong from 2500 rpm on 'till 10k.

This is a whole different bike altogether, it doesn't feel like a 650 twin anymore, more low to mid and on top where she was dead untill the headpipe.

I will not add a PCIII beacuse she don't need it, I am very satisfied with the performance and felt very compelled to share this experience with everybody here.

Also the price for the complete system is not that bad, worth every penny with the airfilter IMHO.

Versysshop.com supplied the headpipe seperate from the muffler so you can get what you want.

Now I jut need to add the Spiegler red brake lines with the red banjos that I have sittin' in a box and the brake pads to complete the performance mods for now.

All we need now is suspension mods to become available and she will be complete.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Right on FJS... Is that 52.17 miles per imperial or US gallon? Can we see your header installed?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 02:41 PM

got links to where you got your mods?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
FJS

Smile

Sorry, that was US GL. and the mileage without the headpipe installed; I think it will get even better.

Links: www.versysshop.com www.indysuperbikes.com

The model bike you can use is the 650r ninja for the exhaust and airfilter only untill some places update the model lineup. Vshop does have it under the V.

You can see pics of the system on the Vshop site, very nice. Sorry, don't have any pics of it yet myself.

Hope it has been useful and I can't keep saying what a bike it transformed into
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 PM

Does the Arrow system have a fitting for the O2 sensor. I am considering the same set up.

Thanks,
Colin
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
FJS

Sorry, it does not but mine is the US version, don't know if that has any difference. Maybe you can check out Arrow's web site and check it out.

Cheers
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvienna View Post
Does the Arrow system have a fitting for the O2 sensor. I am considering the same set up.

Thanks,
Colin
Aren't you in Toronto Ontario Canada? Your Versys does not have an O2 sensor.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 07:15 PM

Hey Invader, Thanks for pointed that out. for some reason, I though I saw an O2 sensor when I was changing the oil.

Sorry for the confusion -- old age is catching up

Cheers,
Colin
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 02:31 PM

It would be awesome if someone had the ability to post several options for slip-ons and full systems, with sound clips and performance numbers. Many sport bike sites do this, instead of trying to listen to bad sound clips on YOUTUBE.
I have asked several different people, HOW DOES THIS SYSTEM SOUND?
MUZZY and JARDINE = LOUD
AKRAPOVIC = tinny and expensive
TWO BROS and FMF = Deep but dirt bike big single thumper sound
Scorpion = Loud, but good

These are the general impressions from people, and all pipes offer very modest gains in performance, but I have heard zip about the Arrow system. You say it offers performance improvement, but what does it sound like? I would like to put on a system that doesn't sound too loud, or make it sound like a dirt bike or wheezing bird, or some ugly fart-can that destroys the look of the bike. There are several cans avaliable from European markets if one has the money (ARATA, BARRACUDA, MTC) but no sound clips. FRUSTRATING

The only company I found that offers a sound clip is Bruce Engineering

http://www.customridefx.com/mm5/merc...Store_Code=CRF

The pipe looks really cool, price is not bad either, but no idea how loud or performance gains. If I had to buy based on a gut feeling, the Arrow or the Bruce would be my choice.

Can You Post A decent Sound Clip Please?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
FJS

The sound clip I don't think will do it any outright justice, the arrow full system sounds very nice and has a removable insert incase you want it louder. The sound in my opinion is as best it will get because of the parallel twin and cc configuration (can't and won't sound like a v-twin). Above all, the performance is very good, youo can now get the mst out of the motor (stock won't rev to red line and it will with the mods) and the bike keeps up and then some with the bigger dual bikes. It just makes the V that much better.

Another tip; just switched out my tires and put on some Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT and WOW, more grip, more security, more comfort, etc... than the stockers.

Cheers

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode