Custom exhaust installed!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Custom exhaust installed!!!

Right, so I get up this morning, far earlier than usual...Hop on the bike and head into town to get my V fitted with a custom fab exhaust. A fellow named Sam, a rider himself, got the bike in and got started on it. About 2 hours later, Sam pops in and asks if I'd like it to be silver or flat black, I opt for flat black. I will be painting my wheels and silver frame bits black later in the year. About another hour later (after some burger munching) Sam pops in again and says, "come start her up, let's see how she sounds..." Wow, fcuking loud!!! Sounds bloody mean. And I think the final product, although not as pretty as a T.B. pipe looks pretty fukken cool!!! Kind of a street brawler/rat rod look I think, and I like the out turned pipe as well (Sam asked earlier if I would like it pointed out or down). I will eventually get a Two Bros system, but for now, did not want to spend the money, other bits are higher on my list of mods! Although not having heard any exhausts except on youtube, I would guess mine is a bit louder than the Two Bros, and perhaps slightly higher on the tonal scale. As far as power goes, not sure yet as I've only ridden it home for a nap. I'll update later after I get a few more miles on it.
Total cost, $102.22 The pipe seems to weigh about 6 lbs, very rough guess, so about half of stock. I'll get some pics up later after I can get em the right size for fitting on here!!!
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 05:28 PM

This post is worthless without pictures!!!!!!

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Initial Pics...

Right you are, Hooligan,
here you go, the first pics... I'll get some more up in the morning when I have more space to maneuver the bike... So, as far as the difference in riding, As I mentioned, this thing is bloody loud!!! I like loud, and it is border-line too loud for me... It is basically just a length of baffled straight pipe, with about a 4 inch length of inlet pipe, and the tip. It definitely seems to pull a lot easier, it seems to need less throttle to pull through the revs. Before, the power curve seemed to be pretty flat and seemed to lose it's power as early as about 8000 rpm, but it was not a really hard drop off. Now it seems to pull harder until about 9700 or so, and the power seems to drop off more noticeably. It pulls hard till about 115 now, whereas it would start to lose power about 100 before. All tests done in a secret under ground test spot in Mexico, of course...safety first! With just under a half tank of gas the front comes up really easy, much more so than before. Remember, I live at about 7k feet, so it doesn't pull up as easy as some of you lower elevation folks. I have noticed a significant difference even between where I live and Denver, which is about 5300 feet. I likey, and can't beat the price.
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0173.JPG (100.4 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0172.JPG (85.0 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0170.JPG (99.0 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0168.JPG (90.7 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0166.JPG (112.2 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Motodevil; 06-21-2008 at 02:36 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 06:13 AM

Looks good, I like it. Wonder what the bike would look like with more flat black... mad max style.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:22 PM

That's SWEEEEEEET! Thanks for the pics!

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

States I've ridden in so far

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

A couple more snaps, with decent lighting.

Flat black other stuff, coming to a bike near me, this winter. I will be painting all the silver bits flat black, and the red tail bits, white.
Thanks for the compliment, Hooligan! Here's a couple other angles for a better overall image! Enjoy.
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exhaust pics for forum 006.jpg (91.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg Exhaust pics for forum 007.jpg (67.3 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Exhaust pics for forum 009.jpg (116.8 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Exhaust pics for forum 011.jpg (101.4 KB, 146 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode