"Farkle Fest" reviews and personal thoughts of possible upgrades for the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up "Farkle Fest" reviews and personal thoughts of possible upgrades for the V

Hey forum, I found myself looking all over for reviews on different windshields, different seats, tires, exhaust performances etc, so an idea came up to my "brilliant mind". Why not just make a threat where anyone could post their pictures of their farkles and share their opinion?. This could be one useful thread! Here we go...

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

The cheapest upgrades you can get

LED running light bulb.
cost-2$
Gives amazing halo effect to the windshield and looks very cool. many times more output light than stock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0518.jpg (46.2 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0550.jpg (31.2 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0551.jpg (28.1 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0561.jpg (29.5 KB, 123 views)

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Cruise assist lever

Cruise assist lever
cost-7-15$
pros-very easy installation. Reduces the wrist fatigue on the long highway runs.
cons- gets stolen easily
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0507.jpg (53.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0520.jpg (34.5 KB, 100 views)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

mirror extenders

the ones i've got are SW-motech brand and it is a waist of money cause twisted throttle sells them for like 70$ i ordered a 5$ set from ebay for my sv650 and it's identical, just make sure it will fit 10mm threads cause that is the thread size for Versys mirrors

taking all said above to consideration, the extenders are a must have upgrade, it widens your field of view behind and you can see a lot better what goes on behind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0507.jpg (53.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0508.jpg (89.9 KB, 96 views)

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

apprilia tuomo mirrors

Apprilia tuomo mirrors.

I guess every Versys owner is familiar with the famous Mirror "buzz" that kinda makes picture in the mirror look blurry while the bike is moving. These mirrors get rid of the problem and they look great. they are shorter than the stock mirrors so use of the mirror extenders is recommended.
cost- anywhere between 20$ to 75$ depends on how lucky are you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0508.jpg (89.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0521.jpg (70.4 KB, 92 views)

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

gear indicator

Hilltech gipro... not sure what the exact name is but one very useful upgrade, although not the cheapest.
pretty accurate device, some times if you downshift lets say from 6 to 2 but holding the clutch pulled it will not change until you release the clutch. Also there is a micro second delay. They come in variety of colors, i chose blue and happy with it.
Installation will probably require removal of front tank side plastic as it gets connected under the seat near the battery (no cutting no splicing, plug in).
cost 120$ - 150$
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0505.jpg (45.6 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0554.jpg (31.1 KB, 104 views)

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
It made By HealTech...

So mine...
Healtech Gear Indicator - in Red on RHS

Healtech Shift Light Pro - under Tacho (Custom made diffuser).
diffuser made so I don't get blinded by the LED - it is like a laser! Really Bright.

Pro-Oiler - Electronic Chain Oiling solution control Box LHS.
Pro-Oiler - Tank and Pump LHS of Tank behind side faring.
Pro-Oiler - Pump and Tank in a custom made Acrylic holder.
Why clean the gunge every 5-600 km's - fling it 24/7

Motowerk - Speedy's Anti Vibration Handle Bar Riser.
Brings the handlebars up and back. Good for tall riders. More comfortable arm position. Helps reduce handle bar vibration into the hands.

Motorwerk - Speedy's Mirror Extension and Risers.
A must have! Set the mirrors out just that bit so now you can see behind right you. It also help reduce the mirrors vibrating and you cannot see anything in them.

LED City/Park Light.
Mines 5000K so it is Bright White. Quite visible and like a DRL.

Custom Made Windscreen Risers - 5mm Acrylic
Experiment to help stop buffeting of the helmet

Custom Made LED Light bar brackets.
Turns Night into Day on the back roads.

Last edited by Gigitt; 04-02-2014 at 02:14 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Radiator Guard
Helps stop fin damage from stones that are flicked up or thrown at the bike while overtaking.

Thermo Bob
External thermostat with bypass - helps stabilise the coolant temperature so that it does not have such high and cold differential. Also gets the bike up to temp faster on a cold start.

Motowerk - Speedy's Front Peg Lowering Blocks
Those with long legs or sore knees - reduce the knees ache of having your knees bent up.

Last edited by Gigitt; 04-02-2014 at 02:12 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Motorwerks - Speedy's Mirror Extention
as above

Pu.ssy Grips
Helps stop the vibrations in the hands. Also fattens up the grip are for those with big hands. More grippy than the rubber grips themselves so less squeezing.

Last edited by Gigitt; 04-02-2014 at 02:12 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Leo Vince - SBK Underbody Exhaust
Because it is awesome! What a sound! Lighter - it is half the weight of stock.

Motowerk - Speedy's Front Peg Lowering Blocks
as above

Motowerk - Standard Flat Foot - on kick stand.
Gives the kickstand foot a wider pad area so you can park your bike in softer ground like grass or dirt without it digging in or slipping.

Thermo Bob
as above

Last edited by Gigitt; 04-02-2014 at 02:13 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

bar risers and peg lowering kit

sw motech brand bar risers and motowerks speedy foot peg lowering kit

pros - makes a huge difference in comfort while riding (less cramp in knees as the kit lowers the pegs by one inch and bars are now closer to the rider making it for the perfect up-right position), also makes standing on the bike more relaxed and reliefs pressure on the bar.

total cost about 120$ totally worth every penny imho
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0519.jpg (41.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0511.jpg (66.7 KB, 73 views)

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.Russian View Post
Cruise assist lever
cost-7-15$
pros-very easy installation. Reduces the wrist fatigue on the long highway runs.
cons- gets stolen easily
I would suggest that those are dangerous: when turning in a tight circle (at very low speed) to the right a "cramp-buster" can trap your hand causing the revs to rise, and down you go. Also, IF you get out-of-control in a situation, sometimes you can't reduce throttle (you're holding on too tightly), so, again - down you go.

Neither of these is theoretical.

On my first Alaska adventure my partner was visiting a buddy in Anchorage, going up a steep drive when he realized his buddy lived next door so he attempted a U-turn, his hand trapped the "cramp-buster", throttles opened and his 104 HP B1200S threw him down, pinning him UNDER where he had to stay till someone came looking for him, and helped him lift the bike.

Riding dirt roads near here two years ago, my buddy (DIFFERENT buddy!) was going faster than I thought was a good idea, he was leading, when he went wide on a corner and into the soft sand on the shoulder. His bike was 'fish-tailing' back-and-forth, clearly out-of-control, the "cramp-buster" keeping him from reducing throttle, and he hit a large rock and went over the handle bars, luckily not breaking anything on HIS body, tho' he did break the crankcase and had to be towed.

BOTH guys chucked their "cramp-busters" as far as they could throw them.

I use a Vista Cruise Universal on my bikes BECAUSE you can increase or reduce throttle easily.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode