Akropovic Slip on - Video - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Akropovic Slip on - Video

I noticed some old posts about slip on exhausts, very few of them being Akropovic, and even less videos of them. Here is mine with the baffle out. With the baffle in sounds very very close to stock, maybe a bit deeper. Taking the baffle out releases a whole new sound. The clip sounds a bit louder that what it really is. Im in my garage and its from a cold start, so its at about 2k rpm and hasn't dropped down yet, but you get the idea.

No Video

Last edited by Mr. Fox; 03-12-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 02:15 PM

Awesome! Thanks for that. How do you like it so far?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

I installed it on about 3/4th the way through last years riding season. Up here, that's about May-September, give or take. From what I've seen from it last year, I love it. Pretty simple to install and required no remapping. Doesn't pop or backfire. When I took out the baffle, it left a machined hole in the tip of the muffler. The hole made kind of a whistling sound. Not good. The hole is where the screw was that "held" the baffle in. By no means did it hold the baffle in, that thing was pretty tough to get out. Anyway after plugging the hole with a ss screw and ss lock nut, we are good to go.

Wow got way off topic.......I have nothing to compare it to but the stock pipe. I think I made the right decision on spending the extra moolah for it. I like the way it looks ascetically compared to other IMO, especially with a red bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode