fitting the Versys.

My wife isn't crazy about riding w/out some support - we could add the
backrest when she wanted to ride.

Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
According to Mike himself, Corbin should have a Versys seat available very soon, as in possibly next week. They are working on it right now.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:42 PM

I got an e-mail from Corbin say that the mold is done. Sending it out to photographers and then they will post it. Seemed like they were saying a few days and it will be on their site. They sent me these pics of the molded shape. I think they look good. They seem to have addressed the sliding forward issue, amongst others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys1.jpg (94.9 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg versys2.jpg (66.8 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by StonedGP; 06-16-2008 at 06:21 PM.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

danomar & StonedGP,

Thanks for the update, I'll keep an eye out for the Corbin.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 11:20 PM

I'll Take Minor Props

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonedGP View Post
They seem to have addressed the sliding forward issue, amongst others.
Ah, good. I emailed Corbin a week ago and provided my feedback on what most Versys owners seem to like and dislike about the standard seat. I mentioned the forward incline of the seat as something most folks do not like. Glad to see they responded.
d
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 06:42 AM

They haven't been in the business for as long as they have, to not listen to their customers. I had a corbin seat on a 1983 Gpz750, back in the day. Very comfortable and high quality. I will buy the V seat as soon as they come out.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 01:52 PM

corbin

I cant wait for this seat!!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 10:44 PM

i cut the stock seat on my 1150rt bmw down, and it was great, went ahead and bought a corbin for it and hated it, it was hard as hell, so i went back to the stock one, I didn't like the way it mounted, moved around alot, my preference would be a seat by seargant or Bill myer saddles, over the corbin... maybe it was just that one seat... my plan is to rework my stock one first, before i move on to something else for my V
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My KLR corbin was hard as a rock too.. but it eventually broke in and is now very comfortable. I like the looks of the new shape.. but don't know if I can justify another $400 saddle. I will most likely attempt to add some foam to my stock saddle as well.. or buy a used saddle and hack it up.

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff. '09 KLX250 setup for singletrack. 2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 AM

The Corbin saddle for the Versys is up and online, looking at shelling out $439. It looks as though they have addressed all of our concerns with sliding and comfort.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 07:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
Has anybody posted a corbin seat pic. I'm ready to buy one after a 300 mile day. Would love to see a pic of one installed sitting in the driveway under real conditions.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:07 AM

My ship date is Aug 8th. Can't wait!
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 AM

When did you place your order?

Ed
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:36 PM

I think it was about June 26th or so. Patience is a virtue. Keep in mind, they make these as a semi-custom piece.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:06 PM

I guess since Sargent is out of the running I'll look into a Corbin.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Oww, my tender buttocks.

I just bought my new Versys the day before yesterday, and this is my very first post. I've put 130 miles on the bike in the last two days, and I have to say that the stock seat is an absolute torture rack! I was driving the last 30 miles home last night, and I briefly considered stopping to buy a bag of frozen peas to place between my walnuts and the fuel tank. I came home from work today and ordered the Corbin.

I talked with a guy from Sargent earlier today, and he said he didn't think he could dish out my front seat platform and move the rise back an inch without adding 1-2 inches of Supercell foam to the seat. I'm 6'-1", and the distance to the ground is perfect with the stock seat. I couldn't stand the thought of having a seat 1"-2" higher than stock, so that swayed me over to the Corbin.

BTW, I had a Corbin on my '01 Kawasaki ZR-7S, and it was much, much more comfortable than the stock seat. The only drawback to a Corbin in my humble opinion, is the increased weight over a stock seat.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 04:21 PM

got it.

New saddle is in. Yeah!!
http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/sho...p?t=367&page=4
goin to try it now, I'll post findings later.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Well , this is of course my own humble opinion . Although I do have a Corbin on my KLR and it is far better than the KLR stock seat , I had rather sit on a roll of barbed wire than to ever be found as much as on the phone with Corbin .
They have a cocky attitude as if your purchase doesn't matter to them . Their turn around time will have you winterizing your bike before you get it . I would bet you lunch that there estimated six week waiting period will turn into at least eight weeks , if you see it at all . I know several people who have prepaid Corbin for seats and a year later had to raise sand with Corbin to get a seat at all . They will not return your money of you cancell the order , even if they have not yet started to make your seat .
With any luck at all , your seat will not fall apart within minutes of recieving it . In the event you need warranty work done on the seat , you are up for some real mistreatment if you get it fixed at all .
I have a friend that waited 6 months to get his prepaid seat . Took it out of the box and threads were dangling form the seat . He trimmed the threads and after 100 miles . the thing was falling apart . He called Corbin only to be told that they had no way of knowing how poorly he treated the seat , but if he would send it in they would evaluate it . He sent it to them and finally got a response 6 months after he shipped it . Corbins response was that it had normal wear and tear for a seat one year old .
They counted his ownership from his order date , not the date of recieving it . He told them if he did not get a new seat in one week , he would ride from Virginia to California and stick it up their a*** . Well , two weeks later , he mounted his steed and rode from Va to California . You see , they didn't know this guy . A retired Navy Seal with time on his hands and loved a long tour .
As the story goes , they repaired is seat while he waited . Wouldn't you ???? When the brought his freshly repaired seat out to him , he promptly walked out into the parking lot and poured lighter fluid all over it , lit it on fire and rode off siting on the frame . Of course he was already thinking ahead and had his Sargent seat waiting for him back at his hotel .
But , if you kew this guy , ( a super nice guy not to be harassed let me tell you ) you would have given him his way to start with .
All that to say >>>>> Corbin only deserves one thing . That we all simply forget they exist and let's push Sargent a little harder to make us a seat for the Versys .
I was looking at micro-fiche today for OEM seats . The Ninja 650r seat part number is the same as the Versys . I am hoping I can find a custom seat builder that is salready building seats for the 650R and go that route .
So , if a pissed off Navy Seal needs a seat , I am offering him mine .

Corbin should be boycotted across the WWW in order to get them pushed out of business and or start appreciating the business we have to offer them " IF " they behave . I dont know about you , but I work hard for my money and I am insistant on who I give it to , show me some respect and service on a fair basis .

Last edited by PO-SLOKE; 07-29-2008 at 05:52 PM.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 05:58 PM

Hey Golfmuch , PO-SLOKE here from KLRWORLD.com
Corbin has a photo of a Versys seat on the website as of now . BUT , I painfully report that I did call them out of curiosity . Those fools want $439.00 + shipping for that thing .
I so hate their attitude and of course I made that clear to them . I have a Corbin on my 07 KLR that I painted over the Corbin logo a really cool logo . It says , " WAL-MART " . It looks great on the KLR with that new logo . I rarely admit it is a Corbin . When people ask me if my seat is a Corbin , I don't ever say yes . I just say " I wish I had bought a Sargent " . PRICKS THEY ARE AT CORBIN . . . . . . . . .
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
I dont like corbin either. I seem to like their seats. I got home to day and put a set of beads on my seat. My wife has had a set on her zrx for 49000 miles. She is on her second one already. She says it lets her butt breathe. And if air can get to your butt it wont sweat as bad.( Alabama 95degree 95 percent humidity). And I swear you cannot feel the beads under your butt. I've got a 400 mile day coming up sat. I'll comment later. I also saw a old set of buell pegs in the garage I tried on my zrx years ago. They are about 1 1/2" lower. I did'nt like them that much on the ZRX. They were low and the shifter did not adjust. I tried them on the Versys today. They went right on, felt great and I could adjust the shifter. The Versys is so much Higher I dont think I will have a problem Scraping the pegs. Ill test it more tomorrow. Its raining as hard as it can right now. I have been riding to work everyday for 2 1/2 weeks. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Last edited by golfmuch; 07-29-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode