Anti-vibe riser from MotoWerk is fantastic - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anti-vibe riser from MotoWerk is fantastic

Just a quick report that I have installed now ridden the anti-vibe riser from Speedy and it really does a great job. I'm 6'2" and with the riser I can sit much more comfortably upright. And the vibration is noticeably less, with it being most evident in the fact that cars in the rear mirrors look like cars and not like impressionist paintings. Big difference there.

So thanks Speedy! I now have the mirror extenders, foot peg lowering, and anti-vibe riser. Bike fits my taller frame.

2009 Versys 16K

We sit together the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by salishversys View Post
Just a quick report that I have installed now ridden the anti-vibe riser from Speedy and it really does a great job. I'm 6'2" and with the riser I can sit much more comfortably upright. And the vibration is noticeably less, with it being most evident in the fact that cars in the rear mirrors look like cars and not like impressionist paintings. Big difference there.

So thanks Speedy! I now have the mirror extenders, foot peg lowering, and anti-vibe riser. Bike fits my taller frame.
Exactly what I needed to hear as I am 6'3" and picking up my 2011 in a few days. I guess I know what I'll be getting first

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I think I only rode 3 days as stock ... 4th day my anti-vib riser arrived in Australia and was fitted.
I bought it because all I read was good things about it... I did not wait to fix an issue, I fixed it before it got out of hand

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Exactly what I needed to hear as I am 6'3" and picking up my 2011 in a few days. I guess I know what I'll be getting first
Just a thought for you TALL guys: (Speedy's stuff is great, and I have bits on both Vs, so this is NOT knocking him!) I am 5' 10", and because I stand on the 'pegs a lot while riding dirt, I wanted to raise my bars. I bought some ROX 2" risers from a member for the GREEN HORNET, and they help so much that I bought ANOTHER set for BIG RED in AZ, but set #2 are the 'anti-vibe' ones.

Speedy's risers bring the bars closer to you, while w/ the ROX I was able to set them DIRECTLY over the stock setting (NO pull-back!) on the anti-vibe ones. On the straight 2" rise ROX I can't quite get them vertical as they JUST 'foul' the top of the stock bar clamp, tho' they ARE pretty close to the same forward position. Check the pics of both set-ups.

Hope this helps you Jeff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01474 copy.jpg (60.2 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01475 copy.jpg (61.1 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00063 copy.jpg (52.1 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00064 copy.jpg (56.1 KB, 284 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 02:43 PM

I have set of Speedy's risers too but I bought them to move the handle bars back so they fit better with the Givi windshield. It worked out pretty good and saved me from trimming the winshield. In my case the ROX style would have made things worse for the windshield.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
FastEddie, those Rox Speed Anti/Vibe Risers look....... industrial.

One thing I do like about them is that you can adjust your reach distance slightly without compromising the bar angle
(rotating the stock bar angle changes the clutch and brake lever angle as there is are alignment pins to lock position when mounting)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 10:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Just a thought for you TALL guys: (Speedy's stuff is great, and I have bits on both Vs, so this is NOT knocking him!) I am 5' 10", and because I stand on the 'pegs a lot while riding dirt, I wanted to raise my bars. I bought some ROX 2" risers from a member for the GREEN HORNET, and they help so much that I bought ANOTHER set for BIG RED in AZ, but set #2 are the 'anti-vibe' ones.

Speedy's risers bring the bars closer to you, while w/ the ROX I was able to set them DIRECTLY over the stock setting (NO pull-back!) on the anti-vibe ones. On the straight 2" rise ROX I can't quite get them vertical as they JUST 'foul' the top of the stock bar clamp, tho' they ARE pretty close to the same forward position. Check the pics of both set-ups.

Hey Fast Eddy

Do you find that those anti-vibe riser render the control sluggish ?

LOP
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 12:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

Thanks Ed. I too like to ride standing from time to time. You know I have a set of the ROX 3.5" on my XR600 now that I could try out... How are your cables/hoses with the 2"? I do like the ability to pivot my bars with the ROX risers.

There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Hey Fast Eddy

Do you find that those anti-vibe riser render the control sluggish ?

LOP
Phil - MY experience is that, except for the raised position, I don't even notice they are there.

Quote:
Thanks Ed. I too like to ride standing from time to time. You know I have a set of the ROX 3.5" on my XR600 now that I could try out... How are your cables/hoses with the 2"? I do like the ability to pivot my bars with the ROX risers.
Jeff - no problems for me. All you can do is try them on your V and see how they work for you. IF they seem too short, you MIGHT get more 'room' if you disengaged your cables from that U shaped piece on the right side just behind the steering-head that holds them all in....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:18 PM

Where I can find it?

--
Gustavo Erivan
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Erivan View Post
Where I can find it?
Find what?

2011 ADVersys

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 05:51 PM

Garage
Eddy

LOP
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Glad my post generated some useful discussion. To reiterate, my primary purpose in going with the Speedy anti-vibe risers was to improve my riding posture by bringing the bars closer to me. It has really made a great difference in my body posture and back position. That alone is reason enough, but the reduction in mirror vibration is really nice on the freeway, at night, in the rain, when it is damn hard enough to see someone coming up behind you without the mirrors vibrating badly. Now, things look as they should.

And I have the Givi windscreen as well, with OEM handguards, so I took my dremel to the windscreen to artfully carve a little curve out of them to have full stop to stop steering without pressing on the screen. The anti-vibe riser would reduce the need for this, but not eliminate it if you have your screen tilted back in line with the front forks, as I do.

2009 Versys 16K

We sit together the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Find what?
The Anti-vibe riser.

--
Gustavo Erivan
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
The Anti-vibe riser.
http://www.shop.motowerk.com/Versys_c2.htm

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The Anti-vibe riser.
or this for ROX:

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/category/a...bar-risers.htm

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'm 6' 3" and have never felt the need for higher bars (apehangers anyone?!!)
I tilted my bars back very slightly to my comfort zone, but I would like to reduce mirror vibration. I have Tuono mirrors which are slightly better than stock, plus the extenders (to view more than my shoulders).
I'm toying with the idea of using some sort of rubber mount for the bars or, preferably, the mirrors. Not fond of "wobbly" bars. (I can get that from a night on the town.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I'm 6' 3" and have never felt the need for higher bars (apehangers anyone?!!)
I tilted my bars back very slightly to my comfort zone, but I would like to reduce mirror vibration. I have Tuono mirrors which are slightly better than stock, plus the extenders (to view more than my shoulders).
I'm toying with the idea of using some sort of rubber mount for the bars or, preferably, the mirrors. Not fond of "wobbly" bars. (I can get that from a night on the town.

I am 6' 4" after a few hours of riding I feel some strain in my shoulders. I blame my (heavy-ish) jacket and the height of the bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode