First impressions of Two Bros on the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
First impressions of Two Bros on the V

Well, first thing I noticed when I started it up was "wow this suckers loud". as itís been said before the vids you see on YouTube do not do it justice at all.

I was so excited to ride it and hear it that I left my shades on the seat and took off. I did go back to get them and the staff where already waiting for me with my shades.

well like I said its loud. it defiantly gives the v more power. I also noticed that my RPMs are lower by about 800-500. almost like not only does the v have more power now but it also does not have to work as hard. I could be wrong.

it defiantly feels different. Iíd say more top heavy. since they bike lost almost ten pounds with this mod below its center of gravity the bike feels more...loose at the bottom.

I think it will take a little getting used to but itís not bad at all and hasnít affected my riding experience much. Iím going to install the crash bars and Iím guessing that the added weight will bring it back to where it was, more or less.

Hereís a quick plug for the local shop that did the work www.absolutecycle.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:39 PM

Hope you enjoy the pipe. Doesn't Two Brothers make an insert to quiet it down a bit?

For me, I'll stick with the stock pipe. I put on a Power Commander III chip several months ago that gave it more pep but now it gets less mpg, but I can live with that.

Enjoy!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Day 4

Well after riding around and putting a few hundred miles everything is good except for one thing. I think I took a hit on the MPG.

I canít be sure if itís the gas I used, the new pipe itself, the installation of the pipe was done incorrectly, maybe there needs to be some adjusting to the motor now, maybe Iím riding it too much in high RPMS (love the sound).

Does anyone know if by adding a pipe you should lose gas mileage?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 12:23 PM
FJS

IMHO, due to the reving because of the sound made you take a shot on your MPG; I know, been there and done that. After you have it for awhile you will get used to it and rev less therefor maybe even getting better MPG on the long run due to more power. I would recommend an airfilter as well (BMC only one I have found so far).

I installed an Arrow and it works great, waiting for the head pipe which gives it another 4 ponies to the rear wheel. With what I have, I gave a buddy on his Beemer 1150 Adventure a run for his money and then some . He was not too happy but I laughed fr quite awhile, 650 agianst an 1150 and where going at it, if applied more the V takes the other bike, simple.

Cheers
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

where did you get them?

would i take another MPG hit by adding the filter and the head pipe?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 PM
FJS

Smile

I got them at www.indysuperbikes.com, you won't take a hit as long as you keep the music at bay, a test of self control. I'm not going to add a Power Commander ' cause the power gain to the MPG hit is not worth the trade for me. It's important for range on a trip, nothing else.

Cheers
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:03 PM

In my experience, any time a performance mod is done, mpg usually suffer, sometimes only a little, sometimes a lot...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode