Great little daytime running lights . . . - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great little daytime running lights . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Driving-Harley-Davidson-Kawasaki-Motorcycle/dp/B00AVZ15EE
Nice price too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 09:16 PM

Post up a photo of them on your V por favor.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 12:00 AM

I too am interested in seeing these on the V.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
You could get the SW-Motech mounts from twisted throttle and mount them like my Denali lights.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
You could get the SW-Motech mounts from twisted throttle and mount them like my Denali lights.

That's sharp!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 12:12 PM

I have those lights on my bike and they are pretty cheap, especially the mounts. They vibrate like a cheap hooker on a hotel bed. It is my expectation that one day they will vibrate right off of the bike and onto the road.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
They vibrate like a cheap hooker on a hotel bed.
Did you mean to say "hooker on a cheap hotel bed"? because that's what I'm picturing (magic fingers). Maybe I shouldn't be picturing anything, sorry Reverend.

Last edited by ray h; 11-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

show (a picture) of how you mounted them
from the yoke of the lights to the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I have those lights on my bike and they are pretty cheap, especially the mounts. .....
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Watch out for these first set of lights part of the mounting set up uses the aluminum fins to hold the mounting platform together with a small 3to4 mm bolt.
Over a short time the vibrations cause the fins to wear thin and the mounts start to rattle. Which in turn causing the the small hole in the mounting block to oblong.
The larger bolt from the steel mount to the aluminum block is good but the second part is a bad design.
you can barely see the bolt in this photo

I had bought these lights on ebay and was able to get my money back through a ebay buyer protection. Almost missed it by 2 days. As the seller knew about the problems and tried to stall me till the 45 day ebay guarantee was up.

I think the second light is a little better design.

Just for any body who has the lights with the fins. I added some window urethane in between the fins to stop the vibration and glue the whole mounting setup together. Something a friend had in his garage that was a left over when he put in a windshield. Its worked so far except one of the lights stopped working shortly after. I am sure you could use silicon sealer as well .

Last edited by Motojunkee; 11-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

The value of this forum at work! Motorjunkee is right, I check that bolt and it was in fact lose. Tried to tighten it and it stripped through very easily. Will be returning these. Thanks guys!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 08:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunkee View Post
Watch out for these first set of lights part of the mounting set up uses the aluminum fins to hold the mounting platform together with a small 3to4 mm bolt.
Over a short time the vibrations cause the fins to wear thin and the mounts start to rattle. Which in turn causing the the small hole in the mounting block to oblong.
The larger bolt from the steel mount to the aluminum block is good but the second part is a bad design.
you can barely see the bolt in this photo

I had bought these lights on ebay and was able to get my money back through a ebay buyer protection. Almost missed it by 2 days. As the seller knew about the problems and tried to stall me till the 45 day ebay guarantee was up.

I think the second light is a little better design.

Just for any body who has the lights with the fins. I added some window urethane in between the fins to stop the vibration and glue the whole mounting setup together. Something a friend had in his garage that was a left over when he put in a windshield. Its worked so far except one of the lights stopped working shortly after. I am sure you could use silicon sealer as well .
Of course the lights on my Versys cost over $200. Those fins on the ebay lights look like heat sinks. If they are needed to sink the heat then filling them with urethane will probably cause them to overheat and stop working.

My Versys Travels:

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Of course the lights on my Versys cost over $200. Those fins on the ebay lights look like heat sinks. If they are needed to sink the heat then filling them with urethane will probably cause them to overheat and stop working.
You get what you pay for.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Good reason to shop amazon, you get back what you don't want to pay for. They are doing the return shipping with a full refund and now I get to try something new - thanks Amz!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydbayb View Post
Good reason to shop amazon, you get back what you don't want to pay for. They are doing the return shipping with a full refund and now I get to try something new - thanks Amz!

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Pics as requested . . .

Mounted on Dimotiv crash guards using Techmount Light kit mounts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131123_091540.jpg (95.9 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg 20131123_091606-2.jpg (76.9 KB, 199 views)
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 11:58 AM

I put my led (2x10w) under the blinking and no vibrations

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
You get what you pay for.....
Most times that's true Joe......I think they also look butt ugly!!!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merapero View Post

I like your idea, somewhat similar to mine, but should be able to handle heavier lights than my setup.

Here's mine, using an L-bracket to hold a 3w "eagle eyes" LED as my DRL.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM

and now, the full lights ;-)))

http://youtu.be/OWyn1Cmr11A

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 10:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by merapero View Post

Do they turn off when you use the turn signal? Don't think you would see the turn signals with the lights on.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode