Info required about 2012 auxiliary spare socket - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Info required about 2012 auxiliary spare socket

I need to know why are the spare sockets dangling in the fairing & also can l fix a power outlet directly to them??? See Youtube help request video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZx3t...ature=youtu.be

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
If you do a detailed thread search I think you'll find they are for factory heated grips &or factory power socket. Don't trust my memory...lots of useless crap rattling round between my ears.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ght=12V+outlet

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Post #4.. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...a+power+source

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 PM

See this thread (Aux spare socket)

Y'all must have missed this recent excellent thread by our member "Time" on this very subject:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20404

I can attest that it worked like a charm. Bought the bracket and relay as a set off eBay for $39, and a Bikemaster outlet off Amazon for $12 (SoCal Powersports was the seller I recall). It was all of a 20 minute job, plug-and-play. No dremeling required either - it all fit together fine.

The aux power is on a 5-amp fuse (the very exposed one under the seat towards the rear) so it would be OK for a GPS or phone charger, but not so good for heated gear, etc. That fuse was the subject of this thread that had a few of us stumped as to what it was for a few years ago: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...highlight=fuse

Someday is not a day of the week.

Last edited by Tigerpawed; 10-05-2013 at 06:00 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Question

SO................l'll ask again, can I use the spare sockets under the dash/fairing or should I take a wire to the spare fuse under the seat.

PLEASE don't refer me to anymore links coz I get confused reading them, if you know the answer to my query give me a straight yes or no, & which take off should I use, if you don't know, have a nice day & make yerself a cuppa tea or go walk/pat/kick the dog!!!!

Last edited by Britmick; 10-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM

There's a socket for an accessory relay, which then makes the output wires hot when the ignition is on, and turns it off when the bike is off. If you don't use a relay, then it would be hot all the time at the + wire (the white/blue stripe one) at the access relay socket. The ground wires on the bike are black/yellow stripe, so there's one of those at the socket too. Sorry to refer you to a post, but it's pretty damn definitive with a diagram, etc: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...2&postcount=17

You can monkey with it, or buy the correct factory accessory relay, plug it in, mount it to the factory bracket if you buy one or zip tie it somewhere if you don't, and either way you've got fused 5 amp electricity.

Obviously, if you don't use the correct factory accessory relay or rig your own, you risk running your battery down if whatever you've got connected to it is still on when your bike is not running.

You can of course bypass it completely and rig something to another switched circuit, but that's for another thread.

Someone can correct me if I've misstated anything.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thumbs up

Thank you sir, & you get the "I can answer a straight question with a straight answer" prize, which this week is a big kiss X But seeing as how it's probably not what you'd like, l'll give it to the missus!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode