I fitted a fiamm blaster horn video - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I fitted a fiamm blaster horn video

Here's a short video (low resolution set on camera so it would load onto Youtube quicker!) of my Fiamm 72012 Freeway Blaster horn that l paid $10.30(ish) for.
I straight wired it from the original horn (live to live & earth to earth (ground for the Yanks) & used the bracket that came with the horn after bending it a bit to secure it to an existing bodywork bolt & I think it works well.....certainly twice as loud now as with just the original beeper!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJLn...ature=youtu.be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:14 PM

I like that...think I'll see about picking up a couple, one the the "V" the other for the KLR.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 PM

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 11:12 PM

I just bought a headlight modulator that hooks into the horn circuit, and apparently flashes the lights when you hit the horn.
Not sure how this will work yet, as the lights are already flashing?

Also picked up a 80W high beam bulb, so that will get their attention. I hope it does not melt the lens

A good horn is needed here in Thailand, and although considered rude to horn someone, the cretins sometimes really deserve a good loud blast.
Horn shopping now for all my bikes

Last edited by Hoghead; 10-05-2013 at 11:14 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I was in Thailand earlier this year & rented a scooter to go thro' a National park & to the coast, & I could've got wiped out several times by the local idiots in trucks'n'cars, & even the moped riders were coming at me going the wrong way on the inside lane........I think a Hummer would be a better means of protection from the loonies on wheels that you have to put up with!!!

the video below was taken on a loonieless road by the beach.......
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 10:12 PM

You need to forget everything that you have learned and been taught about driving. The "law" means nothing, might is right, and do what you please. Thailand has very good driving laws, but like all other laws the problem is zero enforcement.

It cuts both ways and although the local drivers are cretins, you can ride as you damm well please - for example passing a cop truck, double line, 2X the speed limit, on the rear wheel. The cops are so lazy and corrupt it is too much bother to chase you, and far easier pickings to set up no helmet ambushes
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 PM

Ordered Steibel Nautilus at 139 Db for all 3 bikes - that will get their attention
62.00 on Ebay including post to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode