Kawasaki OEM tall windshield - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2013, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kawasaki OEM tall windshield

Does anyone own this for a 2010+ model and if so, have pics or a review? I've read and searched through the threads and this windshield seems to get the least press....however, I think I like the looks of it best. The big question to me is how much improvement does it provide over stock? I'd also love to see some zoomed out photos and not the zoomed in ones where it's hard to determine how it makes the overall bike look.

For clarification, I'm talking about this screen:

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Accessory/...modelYear=2011

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-13-KAWASA...c81076&vxp=mtr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinwaves View Post
Does anyone own this for a 2010+ model and if so, have pics or a review? I've read and searched through the threads and this windshield seems to get the least press....however, I think I like the looks of it best. The big question to me is how much improvement does it provide over stock? I'd also love to see some zoomed out photos and not the zoomed in ones where it's hard to determine how it makes the overall bike look.

Hmm. Looks a bit like it might be a buffeting monster, but hard to tell. Generally, the closer to the fairing the shield sits, the worse it's going to be because there is not enough space to equalize the pressure behind the screen at speed. But it's tough to tell in the pics just how much gap there is. Doesn't look like much, but I don't know.

1/2" of angle change or height can make a dramatic difference to different riders, so it may work for some and not for others.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 AM

I have one. Works great for me. I am 5'8" and 30 inch inseam. I'll try to snap a few pix today and post them here for ya!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:10 AM
MTS

LOL was just going to say Capn Kirk has this screen! We both have black 2010's. I have the givi and I think his screen looks awesome! And like it better than mine as far as looks.

They didn't have that screen right away or I would have bought that one.

BTW really happy with the givi. I think its a little taller, and good looking on the bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MTS; 08-23-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies everyone...and looking forward to the pics Capn Kirk! MTS do you have any pics with the givi screen? I did like the looks of that one too.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM

Here you go! I have the one that transitions from dark to light tint like the one in your Ebay link.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM
MTS

Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone...and looking forward to the pics Capn Kirk! MTS do you have any pics with the givi screen? I did like the looks of that one too.
Here is a couple photos!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg c phoneell 119.jpg (139.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg c phoneell 118.jpg (146.2 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (64.1 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (63.5 KB, 105 views)

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 08-23-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Capn Kirk and MTS! I think you're right MTS...the OEM screen just fits the look of the bike so well. The givi is pretty good too and I bet the added wind protection makes it more than worth it.

I'm 5'10"...Capn Kirk do you think the OEM tall screen would still cover another couple of inches?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
I'm 5'10"...Capn Kirk do you think the OEM tall screen would still cover another couple of inches?
Windshield, angle of shield, speed, helmet choice, rider height, and other factors all affect the air stream and how we interpret what we feel.

I can say that my windshield, my helmet, & my earplugs work for me. I would be hesitant to say it will work for you just because many have tried multiple shields before finding one that works best for them.

One sliver of hope to offer you is I tend to slouch when I ride. During a long ride, I sit straight up tall to stretch and the wind does not bother me.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I went with the Kawasaki Vario windscreen. I like that I can adjust the airflow on the fly based on temp and weather. Has worked well for me the past 15,000 miles.

My Versys Travels:

Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:

I have also this taller windshield, in fact its is made by MRA as written on the windschield.

Dont know the difference between it and the original, beacuse in the start I've ordered this taller version.

Works ok for me, especially in combination with original hand guards that.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:03 PM

Old 08-24-2013, 06:12 PM

For me, this taller windschield looks much better than original which is in transparent/clear color.

And isnt tall too much, just right. The optional vario windschield was also out of question
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Windshield, angle of shield, speed, helmet choice, rider height, and other factors all affect the air stream and how we interpret what we feel.

I can say that my windshield, my helmet, & my earplugs work for me. I would be hesitant to say it will work for you just because many have tried multiple shields before finding one that works best for them.

One sliver of hope to offer you is I tend to slouch when I ride. During a long ride, I sit straight up tall to stretch and the wind does not bother me.

Thanks Capn. I'm not looking for perfection as I use earplugs too and also have a very quiet helmet, so perhaps this will do the trick for me. I don't mind trying it out and if it's not the ticket to post here and sell for someone who does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snecer View Post
For me, this taller windschield looks much better than original which is in transparent/clear color.

And isnt tall too much, just right. The optional vario windschield was also out of question
Thanks Snecer, great pics! Where's that last photo taken? Looks beautiful there!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 AM

Soelden, Austria, Europe
http://goo.gl/maps/I8fSX

The highest paved road in Alps (2892m).

Old 08-25-2013, 10:00 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snecer View Post
Soelden, Austria, Europe
http://goo.gl/maps/I8fSX

The highest paved road in Alps (2892m).

That's cool! Love to give her a shot!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Old 08-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in