Hyperpro shock retailer - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hyperpro shock retailer

Has anyone purchased Hyperpro shocks from EPM Performance Imports?

http://epmperf.com/hyperpro-motorcycle-shocks.htm

The only other place I have found is a company in Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 PM

HyperPro Shocks from EPM

I've purchased two of the high performance lowering shocks; one for my 09 V and one for my 10 V. Pricey, but work great: Greatly improved ride comfort. I also bought the HyperPro progressive lowering springs. Lowered my bikes and greatly reduced front-dive when braking hard.

Klaus at EPM is friendly and knowledgeable. Never a problem with any thing.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Ordered a progressive spring on Tuesday... will see how I like it. Maybe next will be an expensive shock after I purchase new tires. Not much tread left especially on the front. Me thinks I need to check tire pressure more often. But almost 7000 miles on the front, not too bad I imagine.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 09:46 PM

I've talked with them a couple times and was impressed. One of these days when I can afford it...

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 04:08 PM

Bought a Hyperpro progressive spring for the stock shock on my '11 V from those folks this spring. For me, the stock set up was jarring on square edge or sharp bumps.The ride is much more to my liking with the Hyperpro.

Andy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

My Hyperpro progressive spring arrived Friday evening and I orderred it Tuesday morning from EPM. Now to get it mounted... I removed the original and took it to the Honda motorcycle dealer not far from my house about 10:15am Sat morning. He told me the person who could do this was out on a test ride, but I was told it was not likely he could do it Saturday.

I said "thanks, but my bike is on a stand right now, and not that stable, let me check another place". So I then went to the Suzuki Yamaha dealer a few miles away. I was pleased to hear him say he could do it right away, and he walked back into the shop with my shock/spring. When he returned about 30 seconds later he said they could do it but they would have to charge me a minimum of 1 hour labor. At $42.00 per half hour (posted on the wall) I said that will be $84.00 to replace the spring ??? He said yes cause it is a dangerous job. Saying thank you I walked out without having it done.

On my way back home I decided to stop by at my local NAPA auto parts store and speak with the owner, as he has always been extremely helpful over the years when I had car questions - and I had plenty of old cars to keep running with 5 kids driving older cars as teen agers. I figured he could tell me where I might get this spring changed over. So, I walk in, and he says "I know a guy who can change golf cart springs, and I suspect he could do this one too". He says "follow me" and I follow him back to the end of the store into a corner room with "old" machinery along the wall.

Less than 8 minutes later I walk out of the store, new spring mounted over the shock and with the original spring in hand. Total cost $NO $CHARGE!

I love the new black spring - what a difference - such a softer smoother ride!! After putting over 70 miles on the bike Sunday morning I was glad I decided to try this ride changer!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 02:37 PM

If you like how the progressive spring feels on the rear shock, you'll love how progressive springs feel in the front, too. Smoother ride, and eliminates most of the "dive" when braking hard.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Scotty,

This will most likely be my next "to do" after I re-rubber my V.
Right now I should replace the front tire, and by fall intend to replace the rear for cold weather riding. Next spring new front springs will be calling me, I suspect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode