Leo Vince - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Leo Vince

I'm thinking about adding a Leo Vince Underbody exhaust to my 2012 V. Haven't found a bad review yet and everyone seems happy despite it being one of the more expensive options. Don't want anything super loud just want to give the bike some character.

Best price I've found is IndySuperBikes for $433.78, wondering if anyone knows of a better deal. Also, their website states "Fits Years: 2006-2011", I'm assuming that it will fit 2012 as well since there is really no difference just wanted to make sure before ordering. I appreciate your help, thanks.

"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM

I just put my Leo Vince on this last weekend. It sounds like you are looking for the same thing I was- a bit louder, perhaps- but more importantly- less sewing machine-like? I think you'll be pleased. I am. With the Db killer in it sounds fantastic. Growly, and low pitched without being too bassy. Game bonus: 10 seconds with an allen key and some pliers and you can pull the silencer out. Now you have a proper hooligan machine. Very bassy and unrestrained sounding. Very awesome in the right setting. I'm keeping the Db killer in whilst in the city out of respect for my neighbors, and will be pulling it on the weekends for my longer drives etc. The install process is fairly straightforward and I didn't run into any snags.

One note- Make sure when you're removing or replacing the Db killer insert to be careful with the screw and washer on the way out of the carbon fiber hole. I wasn't- and the buggers got knocked off into the carbon fiber end of the can. I was SO pissed at myself. Luckily a quick thinking friend suggested a magnet- and the magnet from my top case did the trick brilliantly first try.

-And yes it will fit your 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. How long did it take to do the install and where did you order from? Thanks goat!

"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full."

Old 06-24-2013, 10:25 PM

I installed my LV Underbody a couple months ago and I absolutely love it. Gives the bike a nice, new and distinct sound, but is definitely not what I would call loud. It sounds much more "Euro" in my mind.

I have the dB killer in and from what I've read, taking it out would push it over the limit for me. Overall, the system looks great, sounds great. The price is high, but nowhere near as bad some some full systems. I don't regret my purchase in the slightest.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM

My 2010 V came with a Leo Vince SBK Underbody exhaust. I think it is too loud. Especially in closed parking lots it is painful.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:17 PM

The install took about an hour with a break. Make sure you loosen the exhaust headers as per the directions, so you don't shear off your bolts whilst trying to get the old can off. A second person will come in handy- I did it with a friend on the other side of the bike. 2 pairs of eyes lowers the chances for mistakes. I bought mine at Revzilla. I've had great experiences ordering from them in the past and they ship STUPID fast.

gokhandemirhan: I've got to wonder if yours simply came without a Db killer. I'm going to guess that it didn't. Have you looked?

You'll notice there are 2 distinct rings there. The inner one is the Db killer. I did a very non scientific test with a sound level app on my phone and got 84+db without the Db killer and between 79 and 80 with it, so it's a noticeable difference. If yours doesn't have it I'm sure you can purchase one from the company.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:22 PM

Also- Get good at installing and removing your Db killer- You can go from reasonable to hooligan in about 30 seconds! And if you happen to, say, lose the screw into the carbon fiber end of your muffler (though I have no idea what kind of JACKASS could do that ) it will be easily retrieved through the same hole with a decent magnet. One of the magnets from my tank bag did the trick.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 AM

Try emailing riders discount on here too, they have great prices but not sure if they sell Leo. Worth a shot though, have bought a crapload from them, quick shipping and the best prices too.

2013 Versys in white...Yoshimura exhaust, SW Motech rack, Givi V47, pyramid hugger, Baldwin cafe seat, fender eliminator kit...more to come!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 AM

I have the Db killer installed, still think it's too loud. I would have preferred the stock one, but this bike was the best I could find.

This exhaust shows its tricks on the highway. With 5.500 - 6.000 RPM, 110 - 120 km/h highway riding, I can achieve 3,7 lt/100km.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:24 PM

evo II under body vs. evo II

So Indy SBK sells the first gen. evo II (non under body) style for under $300.
So what's the difference between the two?
Old 08-04-2013, 12:31 AM

Well for one thing the under body is balanced on the centerline of the bike. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes having not ridden with a more protruding exhaust, but I imagine there's some kind of difference.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 PM

I dig the look of the LV SBK version...not the oval tip one but the other one that looks a bit more blocky. Likely will be my first mod since buying the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 PM

Dig it so much that I just bought one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Nice! I think you'll enjoy it. I do!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:07 AM

Loved my LV while I had my Versys. Beautiful build quality, super looks and releases a deeper more potent sound. I was hoping to buy an LV for my 1190 Adv, but they don't haveany plans as yet to make one for the KTM yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA200021 (800x600).jpg (322.2 KB, 517 views)
File Type: jpg PA200020 (800x600).jpg (291.8 KB, 674 views)
File Type: jpg P3200010 (1024x768).jpg (72.7 KB, 441 views)

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
Old 08-09-2013, 03:36 AM

Garage
It's a sexy beast, damn you I don't need to buy anything else at the moment
Old 08-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Davy - just reviewed your pics (of the V). I DON'T think MY Vs were EVER that clean!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 08-09-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Davy - just reviewed your pics (of the V). I DON'T think MY Vs were EVER that clean!

Eddie,
I think that I read somewhere that you MUST USE WD-40 sparingly
in order TO NOT attract excessive dirt

Thomas
Old 08-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyOne View Post
Eddie,
I think that I read somewhere that you MUST USE WD-40 sparingly
in order TO NOT attract excessive dirt

Thomas
Tom - I DO use WD40 "sparingly".

I've NEVER used it on the front wheel, the seat, OR the gas tank....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Tom - I DO use WD40 "sparingly".

I've NEVER used it on the gas tank....

uhhhhh, would that be inside OR outside?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in