Full exhaust for Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Full exhaust for Versys

Hello

i would like to buy the full exhaust system from leovince

do you now somme thing or dou you have any suggestions ?

https://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/pro...ert&shipping=3

thanks

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 04-06-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 AM

I have the Arrow full system, and really enjoy it. It changes the character of the bike some, and moves the power further up the RPM range. I did notice a decrease in midrange punch from 3000-5000 rpm, but then a huge power hit. A PCIII gave me back that midrange and more. The Arrow, and I presume the LV really smoothed out the whole bike. It pulls harder from down low now with fewer vibes, and continues pulling hard past 8000RPM. Effectively, I found the exhaust upgrade and the PCIII have widened the power band. I have excellent response from 3000-8000RPM. I will even bog the motor in lower gears down as low as 1600 RPM, and it pulls smoothly and strong from there.

I would say that the V is a very nice machine as is, and doesn't "need" an exhaust, but if you have the spare cash and want to have some fun... an exhaust is a nice addition. You don't need a PCIII, but it really makes a huge difference. Leo Vince is a nice piece of kit.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 12:38 AM

"nice piece of kit." Snicker, Snicker.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM

hello red herring
where did you get the arrow system from and does any body out there know where i can get a full belly pan from
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 PM

I got it from these guys. http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/home.php

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
I have the Arrow full system, and really enjoy it. It changes the character of the bike some, and moves the power further up the RPM range. I did notice a decrease in midrange punch from 3000-5000 rpm, but then a huge power hit. A PCIII gave me back that midrange and more. The Arrow, and I presume the LV really smoothed out the whole bike. It pulls harder from down low now with fewer vibes, and continues pulling hard past 8000RPM. Effectively, I found the exhaust upgrade and the PCIII have widened the power band. I have excellent response from 3000-8000RPM. I will even bog the motor in lower gears down as low as 1600 RPM, and it pulls smoothly and strong from there.

I would say that the V is a very nice machine as is, and doesn't "need" an exhaust, but if you have the spare cash and want to have some fun... an exhaust is a nice addition. You don't need a PCIII, but it really makes a huge difference. Leo Vince is a nice piece of kit.
How does the PC-III affect the MPG?

My V also installed with full Arrow exhaust. I agree to your comment that the V is very smooth now. Vibration has been reduced to minimum level.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokto7 View Post
How does the PC-III affect the MPG?

My V also installed with full Arrow exhaust. I agree to your comment that the V is very smooth now. Vibration has been reduced to minimum level.
Hard to say. I have yet to run down a tank and fill it up. I keep putting in $5. $10. But I don't think it has changed very much at all, might have even gotten slightly better. I find with the DB killer out of the can, I tend to use less throttle because it pulls so much harder. We'll see in a few weeks where I am at, but I won't be surprised if I find my average mileage has gone up slightly.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Arrow header and Two Brothers muffler does the trick for me.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode