Vibration - left mirror - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Vibration - left mirror

I recently installed the motowerk mirror extender on my 2013 V and they VASTLY improved rear and side visibility. However, the left one is vibration quite a bit, as oppose to the right which is pretty stable.

Has anyone experience this too and how did you remedy the problem? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Thats normal on the Versys. I got the MotoWerks Anti-Vibe Riser that helped alot but theres still some vibe.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I've got Tuono mirrors and extenders - my right vibes the most, at around 5,000 rpm.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:37 PM

I've got the Tuono mirrors without any extenders, and tend to get the vibes much more in the right than the left. Who knows why!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 AM

It's probably the mirror itself. Try banging on your bar ends left and right.

2008 Kawasaki Versys
1994 Honda NTV 650
1999 Suzuki AN125
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 09:23 PM

Mine vibrates more on the left side. I have a 2012 with stock mirrors and extenders. I'm guessing that the right vibrates less because of the master cylinders' added mass. I'm going to try putting a band under the left mirror mounts to even them out.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM

i have the same problem and im thinking of drilling a very small hole Under the Mirror and fill it whit something so the Mirror wont vibrate anymore , i think its the glass that is too loose and needs to stick to something on the back
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I posted about vibration last week, searching for an answer to find if aluminum bars reduce vibes significantly. The answer is, not by much.

I don't want to rehash the mirror thread (search site, it's covered elsewhere) but will throw my irons into the fire: it's a parallel twin and yes, they do vibrate. Not as much as my old Norton Atlas, but still significantly more than a 3 or 4 cylinder engine.

I have mirror extenders and my left vibrates more than right. It vibrated without the extenders too. My left mirror eventually broke at the ball swivel so I replaced both with a pair of Tuono mirrors. Vibration is still there, especially at 4~5000 rpm. I accept it and I live with it. There are motorcycles with worse characteristics.

Besides, the vibration is not a problem above 6000 rpm!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 01:03 PM

I don't know if this will be of any help cause I have bar end mirrors but after I syc the throttle bodies the bar end mirrors are pretty clear through the rpm range.

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 01:18 AM

Garage
The right side will also vibrate less because your hand is on the throttle. Another forum member filled his Bars with BB's and said it cut the vibration in his bars significantly.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=Bar+Vibration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode