Treker 33 Side Boxes - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Treker 33 Side Boxes

Anyone have experience or input on the Givi Treker 33 bags? Here is a pic I found with them on a Triumph Tiger 800.

Are they are as sturdy as a welded aluminum box? Is the clam shell opening wide enough for easy assess. I kind of like the clam shell opening idea. I've had Jessie Bags with large lids that were in the way when you wanted in and out quickly. I've only seen them in pics and am a bit afraid to get plastic boxes with an aluminum 'finish' that might look cheap.

I'm no diplomat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
A buddy of mine has them on his tiger 800. Awesome bags because they can be top load and/or side load. He uses one for a trunk as well.

Great bags if you are building an adventure poser bike out of the Versys. I guess mine is more of a multistrada poser bike.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 10:24 AM

I have them on my Versys 1000 and really like them. They are very sturdy and well made and look nice I think. I only like bags with top access that was one of the main reasons I went with them and with the rectangle shape they hold a fair bit of stuff.

2013 Versys1000

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I guess mine is more of a multistrada poser bike.
I was at the Vanilla Bean in Connecticut and a guy with a gen 1 MultiStrada was looking at my '08. It's set up a lot like yours and in Passion Red it looks rather Italian. It's also rebadged MOTO BONES so a lot of people don't know what it is. I talked with the guy, told him what it was, and I described my Versys as a "poor man's MultiStrada." He said, "No, it's a smart man's MultiStrada" and proceeded to tell me all of his maintenance and reliability woes.

OK, we now return you to your original thread on Trekker 33's.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 05:20 PM

I have them and I like them. One reviewer said that the hinge pins worked out of his and the bottom fell open, I haven't noticed them working out, but a dab of JB weld over the holes will fix that anyway. I dropped mine at low speed in gravel and it scratched the finish a bit but other than that, no damage.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 03:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to zielony Send a message via Skype™ to zielony
kappa kgr 33 are cheaper version of those- are as good as givi ones

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
only thing about the kappas are they do not open the way the trekkers do.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 04:23 PM

I just put some on my bike too. I like the way they open, the way they look, they are very sturdy and are on and off the bike as quick as a turn of the key. I have the grey moon dust versys and they look almost stock to the colour of the bike. Nice luggage.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 04:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Barb View Post
I just put some on my bike too. I like the way they open, the way they look, they are very sturdy and are on and off the bike as quick as a turn of the key. I have the grey moon dust versys and they look almost stock to the colour of the bike. Nice luggage.

I've got the same colour bike. How about posting a pic with the cases on?

Always trust your cape.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
I've got the same colour bike. How about posting a pic with the cases on?
Here you go!! I was supposed to get a 46 litre trekker for the trunk, but they sent me another 33 litre one. So thats why I have the mounting plate on the back and no trunk. Now its a waiting game....

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...1&d=1370653656
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0205.jpg (64.3 KB, 686 views)
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 12:46 AM

Garage
Yup, those cases do look really good on there. Thanks for the pic.

Always trust your cape.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Barb View Post
Here you go!! I was supposed to get a 46 litre trekker for the trunk, but they sent me another 33 litre one. So thats why I have the mounting plate on the back and no trunk. Now its a waiting game....

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...1&d=1370653656
Hi RN Barb, if you could be so kinf to post a pic when you get the 46 on the back that would be great. I have the 33's and can't decide on the 46 or the 52 for the top box on road trips....
thanks

2013 Versys1000
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 AM

Hi vcoaster! I will happily provide a pic once I get it. I haven't checked the tracking of the return for a while but I would not expect my 46 litre for another two weeks or so. Boo!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
46, the 52 would be HUGE! on the versys!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
+1 to that one. The 46 is same dimensions as the 33's except 3.2 inches in depth. The 52, however is not much bigger in depth, but in length and width add another 2 - 3 inches. It does fit 2 full face helmets while the 46 will only fit one. I guess if you are riding 2 up and want to secure 2 helmets at stops, the 52 may be your option, albeit a BIG one.... I will never ride 2 up so the 46 was a better choice for me.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
You're right, I am leaning more towards the 46. The V1000 is larger but I think it would still look too big. The only thing I that would sway me is the 2 helmet storage but it's not that critical.

2013 Versys1000
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I had a 52 on my Bandit, and loved it as it held my full-face, gloves and jacket while shopping, then whatever I just bought.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 PM

I absolutely LOVE these bags.

Got caught in a thunder storm this weekend and panicked when one of them tool on water. BUT realized i had not closed all the latches fully. The case that was properly closed was dry.

Pic

For a perspective on the top opening size. (33 ltr)

And one more pic.

100 countries or bust...80 so far.
Rides: Ecuador, Haiti, Laos, Sri Lanka, Tibet & Vietnam

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 PM

I have the 33s and a top 46 keyed the same. Used them on a klr 650 and will be installing on a 2011 versus 650 as soon as the motech racks arrive. I have had very good experience with these cases in heavy rain and dusty conditions off road with the klr. Although the finish will scratch when abused (yes i've abused these...), they are very durable. Fast and easy to remove. Love the ability to use one of the 33s as a top case when needed. The dual hinges are quick to change. Only disadvantages... the top load access is smaller than other top load cases and they are a little heavy.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:35 PM

Hi V-coaster! I got my 46 Lreplacement quicker than I thought. I think the 46 will be more than adequate room to meet my needs. Hope this helps with your decision making!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.7 KB, 337 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode