Moto Werk - Canadian Source? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Moto Werk - Canadian Source?

Looking to pick up a set of the Moto Werk peg lowering kits but am always a little turned off paying 50% of the product price in shipping costs to Canada.

Does anybody know if they have a Canadian supplier?

Is there another half decent peg lowering solution for a 2012 versys that can be found from a Canadian supplier?

Darryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryldale View Post
Looking to pick up a set of the Moto Werk peg lowering kits but am always a little turned off paying 50% of the product price in shipping costs to Canada.

Is there another half decent peg lowering solution for a 2012 versys that can be found from a Canadian supplier?

Darryl
Check out ebay. I saw a set of Z14 cnc machined " lowered" footpegs with free shipping.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 AM

Tony at Blue Streak Racing can help you. He ordered my lowering link from motowerk. It was cheaper than if I ordered directly & paid the shipping.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip!

Darryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Tony at Blue Streak Racing can help you. He ordered my lowering link from motowerk. It was cheaper than if I ordered directly & paid the shipping.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryldale View Post

Darryl
I find that quite a few suppliers will mail stuff to you IF you request it, then you're away from that BS "brokerage" charge that UPS always adds!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
A Vicious Cycle most likely carries it.

http://aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/pr...aspx?modelid=8
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I find that quite a few suppliers will mail stuff to you IF you request it, then you're away from that BS "brokerage" charge that UPS always adds!
Moto Werk doesn't use UPS at all (so no brokerage charges)- only international mail. Plus gift-wrap and greeting card is free That helps with speedying things up

Speedy
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Not sure how because dealers get the same rock bottom price as everybody else on the motowerk website.
Shipping to Canada and abroad is via U.S. priority mail (with tracking required by credit card processing) that charges minimum 1 Lb of weight for every package. So shipping two items that add up to 1Lb costs the same as shipping 1 item that weighs only 5 oz.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 AM

Garage
For canadian ordering from us, usps is THE way to go

The worst, ups
Actualy, for me, a companie that ship only via ups is a deal breaker

And it's so nice to have that greeting card from speedy !!!

LOP
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post
Not sure how because dealers get the same rock bottom price as everybody else on the motowerk website.
Shipping to Canada and abroad is via U.S. priority mail (with tracking required by credit card processing) that charges minimum 1 Lb of weight for every package. So shipping two items that add up to 1Lb costs the same as shipping 1 item that weighs only 5 oz.
Perhaps because Tony maintains a US shipping depot for some of his parts. He then has them brought across the border vs. having suppliers ship directly to Canada.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM

I just ordered from Motowerk (HB risers and pegs lowering kit) and had the product shipped to Rydens.

We are lucky in the Thunder Bay area, I think. We have our US products shipped the Rydens Border store in Minnesota, which is 35 miles from here. This guy does a booming business. He states that he has an average of 1 1/2 trucks (UPS FedEx) of parcels arriving at his store on a daily bases. I was there and saw them arrive, normally about 8 pm.

Charges us $3 per order. Then we normally pick up a few things from his store and fill our gas tanks at his attached station.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode