rear suspension lift - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
rear suspension lift

Anyone used something similar to one of these?

Link to ebay.de 25mm lift kit

from google translate ...

MIZU rear lift kit Kawasaki Versys 06-09 LE650A
Suspension lift to 25mm

MIZU rear lift kit

Our MIZU rear lift kit provides you with a dynamic seat and ride height for your motorcycle. The installation of the components MIZU the wheelbase of your bike is shortened so that you achieve a more agile handling. Only in this way makes cornering fun. Our rear lift kit be adapted and tested in our own development department for each vehicle. We change from the articulation of the shock absorber with different systems in order to give you more driving pleasure can. The increase is measured with us vertically above the rear axle. By ABE is a paid entry in the vehicle documents no longer needed.

MIZU offer tail high and lowering

- More dynamic
- More fun
- Including ABE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:52 AM

Garage
Lol I lowered mine if I raised it I wouldn't be able to touch the ground.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Ah well with a 38" inside leg I need a little more leg room... I can sit flat footed on a XT660 Tenere.. Mind you I get through a set of knee sliders fairly easy lol

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM

I've never heard of anyone raising a Versys before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 AM

Interesting, I can't imagine her sitting higher or "more agile handling"!

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:34 AM

Garage
Don't know the product
But wonder about it's usefullness

Raising the suspension will not increase the lenght / distance between your seat and the footpeg

Just my 2 cents

LOP
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Don't know the product
But wonder about it's usefullness

Raising the suspension will not increase the lenght / distance between your seat and the footpeg

Just my 2 cents

LOP
Very true!
One thing is I am planning to travel through Kazakhstan and to Nepal.. so thinking about the (minimal) suspension travel increase.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackdayrider View Post
Very true!
One thing is I am planning to travel through Kazakhstan and to Nepal.. so thinking about the (minimal) suspension travel increase.
I thought about you and your trip when it was mentioned to raise the V by 25mm.

I "tried-on" a KTM Baja 990 at a dealer the other day - with 32" inseam I could ONLY BARELY touch with one toe, my butt WAY off the side of the seat! WAY too high for me.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 AM

I'm wondering how is shortens the wheelbase. Changing the swingarm angle enough to shorten the wheelbase can't be a good thing.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
http://www.mizushop.de/product_info....d1m0f956rso464

Last edited by invader; 05-27-2013 at 02:28 AM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Banned

This will raise the rear, the rear spring will be just as compressed as it was before installation.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 AM

How much taller does it increase the seat height? this could be a product i *might* use.

With my r1 shock and 14kg/mm spring, i did mentioned that the gas reservoir slightly nudged the black side filler panel below the seat at maximum compression, at the same time the battery box would hit the rear hugger. Plus, seat height was slightly lowered, not by much but sufficient to take notice of. All this while my preload is at notch #7 (out of 9).

When i first installed the r1 shock i had the preload at notch #3, i could flat foot on the V and riding on it i loved all the plushness i could get, except when it kept on bottoming out at any large bumps or potholes. If i can raise the rear slightly with this product, i can notch down the preload and feel the plushies once again.

**update**

just saw this pic

i dont think it will solve that gas reservoir hitting panel problem, but it sure will not allow the battery box from hitting the swingarm again.

The price of 125euro is a tad out of my reach, plus i wouldnt know how it will affect the handling of the bike when i have now gotten the current suspension setup to work, i am very much unlikely would wana jeopardize everything and restart all over again. so i guess i'll pass.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low

Last edited by andrewhtf; 05-29-2013 at 04:45 AM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:24 AM

I believe the harshness of the stock V rear suspension is due to the geometry of the direct connect rear suspension. There is no rising rate linkage here. In fact, it is the opposite of what we need. It's harsh on the small bumps, and it's too soft on the big hits. But, the V was built to a "price point", and that's why we bought it. I would think that this "spacer" device would only make the problem worse, based on the the fact that it will exagerate geometry issue of the rear suspension.

Does the R1 shock / retrofit have a feature that reduces or solves this issue?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 09:46 AM

I cant say for sure if the R1 shock solved that issue but what i know is that my rear suspension is set up just the way i liked and made my canyon carving sessions VERY enjoyable

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode