Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1 pic/5 mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixion View Post
Interesting addition to your windscreen. Can you give details, where you bought it or did you make it yourself? I am particularly interested in the clamp that you used. How is the wind flow now with this? Can you comment on how the wind hits your helmet, upper body or shoulders? I see you extended your mirror and added a small round one... handguards-what kind? What else did you do?

Thanks!

Last edited by ESE_VERSYS2013; 04-26-2013 at 11:44 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 AM

Handguards, brake lines.....

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 AM

mirror extenders, and mirror fish eyes...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM

Something is up with those brake lines. Bar end weights. Handguards. Windscreen addon, mirror extender, additional small mirror.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Those are Zeta hand guards and Galfer brake lines. The windscreen extension is from Wunderlich BMW...just installed, and I am trying to find a height and angle for it that represents the sweet spot for me. All I know at present is that the lowest setting (immediately above the stock screen) wind hits me at eye-brow level at highway speed.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM

BY the way I upgraded to braided brake lines on my MT-01 and didnt notice a big difference...just in case some are expecting a lot from the upgrade it doesn't make a world of difference...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
BY the way I upgraded to braided brake lines on my MT-01 and didnt notice a big difference...just in case some are expecting a lot from the upgrade it doesn't make a world of difference...
My experience is different. I installed Venhill steel braided brake lines, and I feel the bike stop faster and the brake lever feels crisper, not as spongy.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post

I put Galpher SS Brake Line on my Versys noticed a slight better than stock on the rear and a much better than stock on the front. Just put Vesrah brake pads on and it feels great on both ends.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 03:11 PM

Yeah I must say my 6 piston front brakes were already pretty good, thats possibly why the difference with braided line wasnt substancial...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 05:53 AM

Wow, 6 pistons... I am already happy with my 4-pistons nissin calipers and 19mm nissin pump, although i do wish for a brembo 19rcs, but it is an obverkill, really.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode