Dynabeads in your tyre opinion - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Dynabeads in your tyre opinion

Greeting V Bikers,

Any opinion on Dynabeads in your tyres?
Gets rid of the rim weight and claims to have a smooth ride.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

Intend to try it with the solid billet tire valve.

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/

Thanks for your opinions and feedback

Ride Fast and Safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 AM

A previous bike of mine was a Honda VTX 1800. I ran a Goodyear car tire on back for over 20,000 miles. I used Dynabeads on said car tire with GREAT results. I will use the beads on the V at next tire change. For those of us that do our own tire work? IMO it's a great product.

My old employer used Dynabeads in the front tires of his semi-tractors. Again, with great sucess,,,,

YMMV
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 07:44 AM

I've been using Dynabeads for about 3 months now and I am a firm believer in them. I was a skeptic myself until I gave them a try. After about a week of use on the Versys, I popped off the weights on my wife's Ninja and installed them in it. It will be my first "mod" on my future bikes .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rod in Fort Bragg, NC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Thank you, Guys for your input.

Hope this info benefits all our fellow bikers. Technology is to make our lives better.

Best Regards.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 AM

Good to see someone who has had success. I think this is a great product but was reluctant until some one sacrificed themselves first! The valve mod rocks!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 09:19 AM

One thing crosses my mind with this product.....in the event of a tire blow out on a truck or car tire i can see all these balls flying out of the tire like mini projectiles....

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Am sure that the tire valve fits the V as qouted by Mr. Marc Glasgow of motorcycleanchor.com. Just can't find the email saying that.

The valve mod is permanent, nice color and easy to use with the air pump.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 02:40 PM

I didn't have good results. Sure, I noticed the smoother ride but my tire wear did not come out even. I put the beads in a new tire and took off the weights just as they said, but after about 12,000 miles or so, you could see and measure a big difference in tread wear from best to worst 180 degrees on the tire.

When I complained to Dyna Beads, the guy tells me that this can't be because NO ONE has ever complained before. He went on and on and would not listen. I said why don't you just tell people to leave the weights on and enjoy the smoother ride but he insisted to take the weights off. So, screw you, Dyna Beads. I'm sure he is saying he never got one complaint.

Now I use Ride-On in my tires. They tell you to leave the weights on and I get very good, even tire wear and life since using that product. Plus, I enjoy a smoother ride and it preventing flats. Just get Ride-On and do yourself a favor staying away from Dyna Beads. I've used them in about 6 tires throughout their life and never had an uneven wear problem.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 04:14 PM

Uh, uneven wear after 12,000 miles? I don't understand. Those tires are pretty well done anyway.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
Uh, uneven wear after 12,000 miles? I don't understand. Those tires are pretty well done anyway.
This was on my previous bike which was a Triumph Bonneville. I typically get around 14,000 to 15,000 on my rear tires. Because one area of the tire was so worn at 12,000, I had to replace it.

It's not that I'm looking for perfectly even wear, but that tire with Dyna Beads made a believer out of me that their product for keeping a tire balanced is a bunch of crock.

Regarding balance, typically at about half of the tire's life, they should be rebalanced for best even wear. Most people don't do that though. Ride-On will keep the tire balanced through it's life. Dyna Beads is supposed to do the same, but didn't.

Granted, I had to take off a larger weight from that tire, but if Dyna says to take it off regardless of the weight that was on there, then it should have worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode