Alright folks, after some waiting for the lines to be custom chopped, they arrived and I've got them installed. The guys at Starcycle seem to have come through proper like on this one and made sure I knew what was going throughout the custom fabrication process and drop shipped them priority mail.
The bleeding took some time as quite a bit of air was caught at the top banjo which needed to be cracked and bled a few time. Total install time was about one hour of which most of that is lever pumping.
So far no leaks and the change in lever response is just what the doctor ordered ... no more grabby stopping.
Some people questioned whether or not 41" would work for both sides and I think it's works very nicely with plenty of room for bar risers. I've provided some pictures for you to see for yourself.
- Top Banjo -
The off-set banjo had to go on the inside for correct banjo orientation at the caliper so yes that is intentional.
- Mid Section -
After weaving the lines through the cable hoops (very easy) the lines simply follow the stock angles. You'll notice the line come to a point over the middle of the fender which is why I decided to choose identical lengths.
- Mid and Bottom Section -
I after having removed all three of the stock line loops, I reused two to help keep the new lines tight. So far no noises and it's plain to see there's plenty of room for full fork travel.
- Bottom Section -
Nothing special here but just wanted to say I recommend getting the 5 degree off-set on the bottom-right because it leaves a little extra space for the bleed nipples.
And finally just cuz...
Well initial impressions are good. I think some new pads and sand paper to the rotors would just about fix me up just right. I'll probably bleed the lines again after a couple of rides to make sure I clear as much air out of the lines as possible.
If anyone has been on the fence about getting a set of lines... don't be! If you've got the money spring for it... it's has a great impact on the overall riding experience and look sweet to boot!